to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Video: Nvidia Shield hardware trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Nvidia has released a demo video showing off the Shield, its newly announced Android-powered handheld gaming device.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Video: Nvidia Shield hardware trailer

Postby Pystoph » 07 Jan 2013, 15:57

LOL!
I Laugh At Your Conversational Skills (Or Lack Of)
Pystoph 30

Steam: pystoph
Battle.net: Pystoph#2619

Re: Video: Nvidia Shield hardware trailer

Postby KrisaimUK » 07 Jan 2013, 16:44

Why LOL?
I think that's a brilliant add and I'm wanting one of those. They just need the games now.
KrisaimUK 34

Postby EvilWaterman » 07 Jan 2013, 17:32

I really want one!
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 54

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby kirankara » 07 Jan 2013, 20:50

KrisaimUK wrote:Why LOL?
I think that's a brilliant add and I'm wanting one of those. They just need the games now.

any standard android play store game, and any game on PC (if youre using the wifi based cloud streaming option) and have a decent Nvidia keplar based card in your pc is open to you :D

Sounds amazing, although not cheap, and cant see it selling huge quantities, but it doesnt really need too with an almost limitless catalogue on pc
kirankara 57

Postby moogiesboy » 07 Jan 2013, 21:10

kirankara wrote:
KrisaimUK wrote:Why LOL?

any standard android play store game, and any game on PC (if youre using the wifi based cloud streaming option) and have a decent Nvidia keplar based card in your pc is open to you :D

Sounds amazing, although not cheap, and cant see it selling huge quantities, but it doesnt really need too with an almost limitless catalogue on pc

Don't worry. It looks quite cheap.
moogiesboy 51

Xbox Live: lazyboyjones
PSN ID: neutronbomb
Battle.net: lazyboyblue

Postby kirankara » 07 Jan 2013, 21:44

moogiesboy wrote:
kirankara wrote:

Don't worry. It looks quite cheap.

Be shocked to see it at less than £200. Has tegra 4 chip, a controller, hdmi 1.4a (4k support) wifi streaming capability etc

It's going to be at least as expensive as a 7 inch tablet like a nexus 7
kirankara 57

Postby Mlongmdl » 07 Jan 2013, 23:59

I wish the Wii U controller had those kinds of specs...
Mlongmdl 44

Postby kirankara » 08 Jan 2013, 09:46

Mlongmdl wrote:I wish the Wii U controller had those kinds of specs...

This is less powerful(not hugely, but not capable of as much). The saving grace is the WiFi PC streaming ability.
kirankara 57

Postby Pystoph » 08 Jan 2013, 23:29

LOL because that ad was hilarious! It's like a spoof ad you'd see on a comedy show, all it needed was some glow in the dark go-faster stripes and it would be complete!

I have no idea why people are so interested in the WiFi PC game streaming capabilities, if I'm within WiFi range of my PC I might as well just play games on my PC, if I fancy squinting at a small screen and using a badly-designed controller I'll go and buy an Atari Lynx off eBay! It's not cloud streaming by the way, you need to be connected to the same network as your PC, that means being in the same building. Also tell me which PC games you think are going to play well when they are designed to be played on a 20"+ HD screen??

So what if it can also play standard Android games? EVERYTHING does that these days, phone, tablet, OUYA, even android-powered cameras and MP3 players. Before long even your SOCKS will be android-based, I have no need to carry another ugly, chunky bit of hardware. Plus there are already plenty of controllers on the market that you can attach to your android device if using the touch screen bothers you.

It seems to me that this is a piece of hardware that's been in development for some time and Nvidia have decided they may as well try and flog a few units to recoup some of the R&D cost.
I Laugh At Your Conversational Skills (Or Lack Of)
Pystoph 30

Steam: pystoph
Battle.net: Pystoph#2619

Postby PSinc88 » 10 Jan 2013, 12:14

Reminds me of the Ali G intro...
PSinc88 12
New user