to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Interview: Ken Levine on religion and racism in BioShock Inf

Your comments on our articles.

Irrational's co-founder explains the narrative challenges he faces with the much-anticipated follow-up

In the pantheon of games developers, Ken Levine is pretty much filed and receipted as the biggest name in 'thinking-persons'-shooters'. The creative force behind System Shock and BioShock, Levine's games put layered plots front and centre in games that usually contain one or two knife-twists storywise and narratives that leave players contemplating what they've just played through.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Interview: Ken Levine on religion and racism in BioShock Inf

Postby shev » 21 Dec 2012, 13:32

That's you're idealised turn of the century...

Good interview otherwise! :)
shev 46

Re: Interview: Ken Levine on religion and racism in BioShock

Postby illage2 » 21 Dec 2012, 15:26

Hall of Heroes? >_> ..... I'm suspicious?
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby funkyjack » 21 Dec 2012, 16:18

I seriously can't wait for this. We need more game writers like Ken, that's for sure.
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat

Postby BenThomasFoster » 21 Dec 2012, 22:22

bioshock is hardly a thinking mans shooter, he hasn't done anything for 5 years, so stop sucking his thumb.

The games looking ok, still need to see alot more, i had my hunches about assasins creed 3, halo 4, borderlands 2, mass effect 3 and cod blops 2. and just like the perviously mentioned i've got my hunch that this is just more of the same marketed as though it's anything but. Hope i'm wrong but all I can smell is end of console generation generic fps where spending £10 on bioshock 1 or 2 would give you just as much satisfaction
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby BenThomasFoster » 21 Dec 2012, 22:22

bioshock is hardly a thinking mans shooter, he hasn't done anything for 5 years, so stop sucking his thumb.

The games looking ok, still need to see alot more, i had my hunches about assasins creed 3, halo 4, borderlands 2, mass effect 3 and cod blops 2. and just like the perviously mentioned i've got my hunch that this is just more of the same marketed as though it's anything but. Hope i'm wrong but all I can smell is end of console generation generic fps where spending £10 on bioshock 1 or 2 would give you just as much satisfaction
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49