The 50 best Wii games

Your comments on our articles.

The classic titles you need to revisit on your Wii U

The Wii U is released in the UK today with a strong lineup of launch titles to choose from, and thanks to backward compatibility Wii U owners also have access to a back catalogue of over 1000 existing Wii games! We've raided the archives of Nintendo Gamer to being you a countdown of the top 50 Wii games, so you can pick up some classics and avoid the turkeys...... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The 50 best Wii games

Postby stealth » 30 Nov 2012, 21:14

You raped me hard last night. And it was wonderful. Right in front of my grandmother too
stealth 47

Postby Bambis Dad » 30 Nov 2012, 21:18

stealth wrote:You raped me hard last night. And it was wonderful. Right in front of my grandmother too

I only do delightful but thanks for bigging me up N.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby stealth » 30 Nov 2012, 21:20

Back on topic I could go 200 deep with good wii game,s about a thousand deep on ds for this gen

I could go about 800 deep on great psp titles.
stealth 47

Postby Bambis Dad » 30 Nov 2012, 21:50

Back in me ONM days I'd get called out for saying the Wii had only three games that were truly great, discounting any sequels or multiplatform, but loads of good games. I don't think any of the consoles I've played over the years had more than ten great games.

Bambis Dad 52

Postby runadumb » 30 Nov 2012, 22:21

budge wrote:I badly wanna play The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles but forking out £50 - £100 on a Wii just isn't worth it. I wish they'd come to the Vita like Little King's Story.

Or you could do what I'm doing and build a system for the job. Total bargain like...
http://www.scan.co.uk/savedbasket/0719a ... 607c6c4442
(disclaimer I haven't ordered it yet and is subject to change. I will use an old 260GTX as apparently its good enough for 1080p emulation on all systems.)

Fair play finding 50 great Wii games. I seriously doubted there were that many for any system but I was proved wrong. Holy crap we are spoilt these days.
runadumb 62

Postby kakah » 30 Nov 2012, 22:38

stealth wrote:
Bambis Dad wrote:Did I miss the mention of Excite Truck? Certainly not the greatest game ever but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

hated it

I thought it was enjoyable.
kakah 41

Postby stealth » 30 Nov 2012, 23:07

you are
stealth 47

Postby Bambis Dad » 30 Nov 2012, 23:11

And like a super koopa,
Butts are gonna blind me.
As Xbox fans spew drivel,
Whilst my plumbers tool makes them shrivel.

Bambis Dad 52

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 30 Nov 2012, 23:21

Maybe it's time I finally buy a Wii. I'm getting a little tired of shooting stuff on 360. Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword look brilliant, and I'd like to play Twilight Princess again. It's been so long since I played it on Gamecube, I barely remember it.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby Bambis Dad » 30 Nov 2012, 23:27

Mortal Mad Matt wrote:Maybe it's time I finally buy a Wii. I'm getting a little tired of shooting stuff on 360. Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword look brilliant, and I'd like to play Twilight Princess again. It's been so long since I played it on Gamecube, I barely remember it.

Play Twilight Princess again before Skyward Sword. Galaxy is the bomb, easy and challenging but unadulterated fun. SMG2 is also a must play game. You could play none shooters on the 360, it is acceptable.

Bambis Dad 52

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 30 Nov 2012, 23:37

Bambis Dad wrote:
Mortal Mad Matt wrote:Maybe it's time I finally buy a Wii. I'm getting a little tired of shooting stuff on 360. Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword look brilliant, and I'd like to play Twilight Princess again. It's been so long since I played it on Gamecube, I barely remember it.

Play Twilight Princess again before Skyward Sword. Galaxy is the bomb, easy and challenging but unadulterated fun. SMG2 is also a must play game. You could play none shooters on the 360, it is acceptable.

Why? Would it feel like a big step backwards if I played Skyward Sword then Twilight Princess due to the lack of MotionPlus? I do play none shooters but a lot of 360 games are shooters, I enjoy them but I fancy a change.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Postby Stryker89 » 01 Dec 2012, 01:12

I'd suggest taking a look at XBLA- Wii is a good system, but there are some fantastic games like Limbo, Fez and The Walking Dead that you should check out if you haven't already.
Stryker89 61

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 01 Dec 2012, 01:23

Stryker89 wrote:

I'd suggest taking a look at XBLA- Wii is a good system, but there are some fantastic games like Limbo, Fez and The Walking Dead that you should check out if you haven't already.

Played and loved them all, although I haven't downloaded the past couple of The Walking Dead XBLA episodes so I'll check those out. :) There is a huge XBLA library so I should probably download some trials and looks for a non-shooty game to play.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Postby Bambis Dad » 01 Dec 2012, 01:43

Hard to say why Twlight should be played before SS, probably because TP is a port of the GC game and serves as a great introduction to the Wii. People will tell you it has tacked on controls but it is fine. SS feels like a step forward. In fact I'm saying chronologically SS is the superior game.

Bambis Dad 52

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 01 Dec 2012, 03:20

stealth wrote:Back on topic I could go 200 deep with good wii game,s about a thousand deep on ds for this gen

I could go about 800 deep on great psp titles.

2000 games, that you have played, all of which you would recommend? Unless you love every single game you play even on a 1 in 2 average means either you do nothing else but play games or you are easily pleased/talking crap.

I'll go for the latter.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

PreviousNext