to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Nintendo: Third-party games look 'dramatically better' on Wi

Your comments on our articles.

US boss claims the likes of Black Ops 2 benefit from Nintendo's more "graphically intensive" system

One of Nintendo's most senior executives has suggested that third-party games, such as Call of Duty Black Ops 2, look "dramatically better" on Wii U than they do on Xbox 360 and PS3.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Nintendo: Third-party games look 'dramatically better' o

Postby alan666 » 26 Nov 2012, 22:51

As long as the third party games keep coming.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby solamon77 » 26 Nov 2012, 22:57

Anyone remember last generation when Nintendo kept dramatically stating they are NOT in competition with Microsoft and Sony.
solamon77 44

Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77

Postby Barca Azul » 27 Nov 2012, 00:32

stealth wrote:
Barca Azul wrote:He isn't going to come out and say 3rd party ports are poor now, is he!

I'm waiting to be wowed on a 3rd party game too, you would hope that it would look better. The big question is whether the other 2 will hold the Wii back on the looks front and vice versa when other new consoles are out?

Iwata said the wii u is basically capped at 50 percent power right now at launch. Funny how people forget that sometimes.

If 50 percent power= games it took the ps3/360 6+ years to get to.

Than thats impressive to me anyway

Yes and it was a question, not a dig. However there is a big difference between 1st and 3rd party. On the 3rd party though, PS3 and 360 these days, their is little between them. This is kind of my point.

I wouldnt expect the machine to be maxed at launch either, likewise for any new machine that comes out. There will probably be an unbalance at some point in the future both ways!
Barca Azul 62

Postby stealth » 27 Nov 2012, 00:39

I know it wasnt a dig/

"On the 3rd party though, PS3 and 360 these days, their is little between them"

People might disagree with that
stealth 47

Postby Skullet » 27 Nov 2012, 05:48

stealth wrote:
Barca Azul wrote:He isn't going to come out and say 3rd party ports are poor now, is he!

I'm waiting to be wowed on a 3rd party game too, you would hope that it would look better. The big question is whether the other 2 will hold the Wii back on the looks front and vice versa when other new consoles are out?

Iwata said the wii u is basically capped at 50 percent power right now at launch. Funny how people forget that sometimes.

If Iwata genuinely said that then he needs to lay off the peace pipe. I can understand developers not being able to get the most out of a console at launch, but why would you deliberately cap its performance at 50%? Or even claim that was the case.

As for Reggie's claims, the guy reminds me of Baghdad Bob "There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!" :)
Skullet 60

Postby Balladeer » 27 Nov 2012, 08:27

Now now Reggie. What have we said about telling lies? Naughty step for you!
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby HelloLadies » 27 Nov 2012, 08:30

Balladeer wrote:Now now Reggie. What have we said about telling lies? Naughty step for you!

Balladeer, the yang to stealths yin. Without you there would be no balance, just pure chaos.
HelloLadies 50

Postby manky » 27 Nov 2012, 10:55

stealth wrote:Iwata said the wii u is basically capped at 50 percent power right now at launch. Funny how people forget that sometimes.

Yeah that's definitely true - they're trying to underwhelm people at launch. It could be a very successful tactic because on the 1st January they are going to activate a hidden switch in the firmware and the Wii U will suddenly become the most powerful console this side of 2001.

Apparently Iwata said, that when they increase the power to 100% the French and Norwegians will have to dramatically increase the supply of energy to the UK to keep up with increased demand required by the extra Wii U power drain.

Its incredible isn't it.
manky 28

Postby ensabahnur » 27 Nov 2012, 11:43

stealth wrote:I have all 3 systems and have tested out alot of the multiplat games

better on wii u - cod, scribblenauts,
I have no doubt that Scribblenauts is better on Wii-U seeing as how its not available on the other systems. As for COD i suggest you go read both Digital Foundry and Lens of Truth's analysis and you'll see that whilst the graphics may well be slightly more clearer the framerate is shocking and sometimes drops to about 40fps. There's no screen tearing but the framerate takes a serious hit.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby stealth » 27 Nov 2012, 13:03

ensabahnur wrote:
stealth wrote:I have all 3 systems and have tested out alot of the multiplat games

better on wii u - cod, scribblenauts,
I have no doubt that Scribblenauts is better on Wii-U seeing as how its not available on the other systems. As for COD i suggest you go read both Digital Foundry and Lens of Truth's analysis and you'll see that whilst the graphics may well be slightly more clearer the framerate is shocking and sometimes drops to about 40fps. There's no screen tearing but the framerate takes a serious hit.

The scribblenauts bit was a joke, because its only on the 3ds............

I dont need 2 sites who routinely are either A) paid off B) Bias beyond belief to see what i saw with my own eyes. I had zero frame rate issues
stealth 47

Postby HelloLadies » 27 Nov 2012, 14:43

stealth wrote:
ensabahnur wrote:]I have no doubt that Scribblenauts is better on Wii-U seeing as how its not available on the other systems. As for COD i suggest you go read both Digital Foundry and Lens of Truth's analysis and you'll see that whilst the graphics may well be slightly more clearer the framerate is shocking and sometimes drops to about 40fps. There's no screen tearing but the framerate takes a serious hit.

The scribblenauts bit was a joke, because its only on the 3ds............

I dont need 2 sites who routinely are either A) paid off B) Bias beyond belief to see what i saw with my own eyes. I had zero frame rate issues

Pot calling the kettle black?

Last edited by HelloLadies on 27 Nov 2012, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
HelloLadies 50

Postby ensabahnur » 27 Nov 2012, 15:07

stealth wrote:
Yeah but they don't use their eyes, they use a machine that analyses framerates. Which is much better than your Ninty glazed eyes.

Nice to see you use that great old defense of bias and paid for reportage though, haven't seen that since this morning when S-Smith posted something.

Oh and have a look at this one.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-wii-u-face-off#comment-3397606

Once again framerate issues rear their ugly head.
ensabahnur 68

Postby stealth » 27 Nov 2012, 17:25

Eurogamer has been hating on nintendo for what? 10 years now? You dont go to them if you want something unbias and undoctored.

If you go on neogaf you will see how they basically fabricated a story to slander nintendo.

Thats the way they roll. Doesnt get me angry, it just means you dont pay attention
stealth 47

Postby ensabahnur » 27 Nov 2012, 17:36

stealth wrote:Eurogamer has been hating on nintendo for what? 10 years now? You dont go to them if you want something unbias and undoctored.

If you go on neogaf you will see how they basically fabricated a story to slander nintendo.

Thats the way they roll. Doesnt get me angry, it just means you dont pay attention

Your gonna have to link this fabricated story as the only thing i can see on there is an actual link to the very Digital Foundry article i posted. So why are they linking something that they say is biased, and if you read the comments for that link nobody seems to be mention any unfair bias. Plus its a bloody forum, its opinion of which your is one and mines is one, if you believe everything you read on Neogaf then you seriously need your head checked.
ensabahnur 68

Postby stealth » 27 Nov 2012, 17:43

It was front paged yesterday. And no this wasnt a story fabricated by neogaf posters, it was on another site than brought into neogaf to discuss.

Like I said and all I will continue to say is I played those specific games on those specific systems and those were MY findings.

Period, End of statement
stealth 47

PreviousNext