to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Xbox 720: XBW uses penultimate issue to 'tell you everything

Your comments on our articles.

8-page feature suggests specs, appearance and AR features

Xbox World has used its penultimate issue to publish an 8-page feature containing "everything we know" about Microsoft's next-gen console plans.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Xbox 720: XBW uses penultimate issue to 'tell you everyt

Postby Barca Azul » 16 Nov 2012, 13:57

360_Fan wrote:Both M$ and Sony trying to steal nintendos thunder.

Thought Rockstar had been doing a pretty good job so far to be honest!

I hope technically the Xbox and Playstation are a bit closer next time, should reduce dev costs and one wont hold the other back or vice versa. If they do both use Blu ray I think its good for consumers.
Barca Azul 61

Postby KilltheWabbit » 16 Nov 2012, 13:59

El Mag wrote:And the burning question everybody will surely want answering - Does it come in red? any other colour will throw my decor right off.

Wait for the red ring of death equivalent, whole thing turns red...you'll be sorted
KilltheWabbit 46

PSN ID: Jhizzle1984

Postby Sleepaphobic » 16 Nov 2012, 14:01

Looks too cool. MS will undoubtedly make it look like a failed genetic experiment.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby Barca Azul » 16 Nov 2012, 14:02

stealth wrote:Well the wii u has 2 gigs which is still like 4 times over this gen, so 8? Thats alot of ram.

Memory is becoming a lot cheaper and ive 4gb in my 2 year old laptop. By next year, I dont see why not 8gb of RAM to be honest.
Barca Azul 61

Postby stealth » 16 Nov 2012, 14:05

what I am not sure is what the difference is between using 2 vs 8? I guess thats 6 gig of extra ram so it should technically have better performance i guess if it went the multiplat route
stealth 47

Postby CrispyLog » 16 Nov 2012, 14:11

stealth wrote:Well the wii u has 2 gigs which is still like 4 times over this gen, so 8? Thats alot of ram.

Doesn't surprise me, modern gaming PCs come with 8 and if next gen is going to last as long as this one they need to futureproof their console. I think PS3 and 360 would give anything to have more RAM (would have saved PS3 Skyrim and allowed cross game chat for a start) and realise it is holding them back so they are making sure it won't do next time. Even the WiiU has 4 times the RAM of PS3 and 360 yet similar graphics because Ninty have learnt from the mistakes of this gen and realise they might not need it now, but they will in a few years especially if they want to implement extra features.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 74

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby wwinterj » 16 Nov 2012, 14:13

stealth wrote:oof.......than the best thing to do is wait until the prices of the ps4 and 720 come out and see which one is better for the launch I guess. :lol:

You may laugh but this is the most logical post I've seen from you and I agree with this post. Just as I'm doing with the WII U I'll wait for a better price if the system is to expensive. You never miss much in the first year of a consoles life anyway as at best only a handful of games are on the system that are worth buying. The PS4 and Nextbox will be no different just as the WII U isn't. It doesn't matter to me how a system looks.
wwinterj 49

Postby billysastard » 16 Nov 2012, 14:26

love the mockup design in many ways it looks like an old 3do (but without the silly feet) however i cant see ms putting their name on the usb cover as for many people it will be out of sight or if like the 360 broken off.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby AvatarIII » 16 Nov 2012, 14:28

stealth wrote:what I am not sure is what the difference is between using 2 vs 8? I guess thats 6 gig of extra ram so it should technically have better performance i guess if it went the multiplat route

more ram means easier to develop for a lot of time, and less glitchy.

PSN ID: AvatarIII
Steam: AvatarIII

Postby Padua » 16 Nov 2012, 14:28

... had me at Blu-ray! 8)
Padua 62

Postby stealth » 16 Nov 2012, 14:31

stealth wrote:what I am not sure is what the difference is between using 2 vs 8? I guess thats 6 gig of extra ram so it should technically have better performance i guess if it went the multiplat route

more ram means easier to develop for a lot of time, and less glitchy.

I will believe less glitchy when I see it
stealth 47

Postby shellster2 » 16 Nov 2012, 14:45

that mock-up looks pretty decent. i'd got for that. if MS are going to be offering 4-player kinect, AR glasses, large tivo type integration then i reckon 8Gb would be a no brainer. if it could do tv recording/downloading whilst still playing games that would be a bonus. i suppose it already does that a bit.

anyway, day 1 purchase for me i reckon.
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 67

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby MrPirtniw » 16 Nov 2012, 14:47

Hmmm... Not sure about that stand (if this is really a final concept) - love the 360 slim design, as far as consoles go it's a looker. This has that iPod curved surface genericness going for it that everything seems to have these days. Not that I really care- show me a next gen Halo 5 and I'll be at the front of the queue come launch day.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 70

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 16 Nov 2012, 14:48

I remember several years back, picking up a magazine that had supposed designs for the next gen of consoles (the one we are currently in). The new xbox (360) was cube shaped, and looked lik the original xbox in colour/design. The ps3 looked like a large softmint (the blue ones before they changed the colour) with wired controllers. Point is, we wont know until they are officially announced.
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby flash501 » 16 Nov 2012, 14:53

Very nice, but the talk of having Kinect built into the console puts me right off!

Sounds like every game will be utilising it.
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

PreviousNext