to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there is on

Your comments on our articles.

"The numbers, Mason! What do they mean?"

Well, you can't say that Call of Duty never takes you anywhere. This, the ninth mainline entry in Activision's ludicrously-popular military shooter series, serves up yet another breathless foxtrot around the world's circumference.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby richomack360 » 13 Nov 2012, 12:23

adison wrote:@ the people saying "Not Rocky, Rambo"

Are you stupid? It was obviously a joke.

FFS we are doomed.

Are you being completely stupid or something ? Clearly he meant "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot"

:D
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Nov 2012, 12:28

richomack360 wrote:
Are you being completely stupid or something ? Clearly he meant "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot"

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwatNHFfgX4
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby thecreator » 13 Nov 2012, 12:29

Oi CVG you deleted my comment, yesterday when you posted this review (and broke the embargo viewtopic.php?f=21&t=143972&p=2219221#p2219221) it had an 8, what changed overnight??
thecreator 25

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 13 Nov 2012, 12:39

Sleepaphobic wrote:
TheLastDodo wrote:Negatives aren't negatives in my book.

I'll get it a bit later, now it's time for breakfast.

Holy s**t! When did you become a mod bro?

It took a while didnt it, selling out ones previous opinions and views is a lengthy business, plus it takes a while to get used to the taste in your mouth........I've heard

Hugs
Megatrons_Fury 50

Postby TheRandyNinja » 13 Nov 2012, 12:51

Cvg needs to stop reviewing games i have completely lost hope in your ability to give a fair review its either a completely shocking game and gets a high score or it actually surpasses expectation and gets a crap score. its a step up from mw3 in my opinion and deserves at least a 8.5 given the free live stream feature and the changed they have made too the game. one day cvg you might get one right
TheRandyNinja 53

Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Postby Ali_ » 13 Nov 2012, 13:17

Perfectly fair review IMO. Single player is wandering down the same dumb route started by MW2 and the previous BlOps. Multiplayer is solid with few surprises and a few additions. It's good, but not great. Then again, that's been teh case for every CoD since the original Modern Warfare set the template.
Ali_ 56

Postby wishface » 13 Nov 2012, 13:38

Within the first five minutes, accompanied by some tunless melancholia from some band of the moment, we see a child burned half to death and another try to slash his own neck. If this is what passes for entertainment in the minds of yanks then god help us all. I could write a huge longwinded diatribe about this, but I fear it would go over most people's heads, which is part of the problem.
I have no problem with games where people shoot each other. MW1 was executed very well and was not gratuitous in its violence. Sadly, in order to push the sales and appeal to an ever more jaded audience of unknowingly twisted up children and adolescents in this f**ked up world we live in, Activision feel compelled to include more and more nasty s**t. I am only half joking when I say I would love for the Daily Mail to get a hold of this. Maybe that kind of blundering righteous outrage would be the kick up the arse this industry sorely needs.
This is squalid and it is insulting and qutie frankly I would love to see everyone responsible for the programming of these sequences out the door and in the gutter where they belong.
wishface 41

Postby starvinbull » 13 Nov 2012, 14:11

killingabbcwae wrote:a call of duty game that gets 7.8? bloody hell it must be christmas lol,i thought all magazines gave them 9 or 10 out of 10, lol good for you cvg :)

7.8 and yet I'm guessing it's no worse than almost every other COD. I guess they knew they couldn't credibly pull the same trick again, whether other magazines follow suit I doubt.
starvinbull 59

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 13 Nov 2012, 14:17

Well I don't care for scores and if this panders to the cool kids then its fine, not that the review reflects the score but that ain't nothing new is it? From what I have played it is a true return to form, of course it plays like COD what the hell do people expect, just hope we don't get a load of Halo's camper kids coming over and talking about spots and s**t ( :wink: @Megatron)

Oh and CVG; 'In the end though, we have to judge it in the context of there already being eight other Call of Duty games available on the three major platforms, and measured against that yardstick Black Ops 2 struggles to justify itself.' I'll remember that when you are next reviewing a Mario, Street fighter, Gran Turismo or any other game with a few incarnations- epic fail there chaps.
KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby Bryanee1983 » 13 Nov 2012, 16:25

thecreator wrote:Oi CVG you deleted my comment, yesterday when you posted this review (and broke the embargo viewtopic.php?f=21&t=143972&p=2219221#p2219221) it had an 8, what changed overnight??

lol really?
Right now, I'm letting you live. And I'll continue to keep you alive...until you've grown enough to become worth killing.♠
Joined 2001
Bryanee1983 59

Postby TheLastDodo » 13 Nov 2012, 16:31

Megatrons_Fury wrote:It took a while didnt it, selling out ones previous opinions and views is a lengthy business, plus it takes a while to get used to the taste in your mouth........I've heard

Hugs

He he he.

You're one to talk after what I saw you playing on 360 last night.

You've become what you hate :lol:

Hug?
TheLastDodo 77

Postby dwhlufc » 13 Nov 2012, 16:32

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Well I don't care for scores and if this panders to the cool kids then its fine, not that the review reflects the score but that ain't nothing new is it? From what I have played it is a true return to form, of course it plays like COD what the hell do people expect, just hope we don't get a load of Halo's camper kids coming over and talking about spots and s**t ( :wink: @Megatron)

Oh and CVG; 'In the end though, we have to judge it in the context of there already being eight other Call of Duty games available on the three major platforms, and measured against that yardstick Black Ops 2 struggles to justify itself.' I'll remember that when you are next reviewing a Mario, Street fighter, Gran Turismo or any other game with a few incarnations- epic fail there chaps.

That post reads like its personal. Remember, your enjoying it, that's all that matters. :D
dwhlufc 75

Postby gobbybobby » 13 Nov 2012, 16:43

Bryanee1983 wrote:
thecreator wrote:Oi CVG you deleted my comment, yesterday when you posted this review (and broke the embargo viewtopic.php?f=21&t=143972&p=2219221#p2219221) it had an 8, what changed overnight??

lol really?

Maybe activision sent CVG less money than they where expecting?
gobbybobby 45

Xbox Live: gobbybobby
PSN ID: gobbybobby
Steam: gobbybobby
Battle.net: gobbybobby
xFire: gobbybobby

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 13 Nov 2012, 17:25

dwhlufc wrote:
KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Well I don't care for scores and if this panders to the cool kids then its fine, not that the review reflects the score but that ain't nothing new is it? From what I have played it is a true return to form, of course it plays like COD what the hell do people expect, just hope we don't get a load of Halo's camper kids coming over and talking about spots and s**t ( :wink: @Megatron)

That post reads like its personal. Remember, your enjoying it, that's all that matters. :D

And every detractor post doesn't? :wink:
KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby Robcarroll93 » 13 Nov 2012, 17:50

I'm really enjoying it so far, the story is awesome!
Robcarroll93 10

PreviousNext