to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there is on

Your comments on our articles.

"The numbers, Mason! What do they mean?"

Well, you can't say that Call of Duty never takes you anywhere. This, the ninth mainline entry in Activision's ludicrously-popular military shooter series, serves up yet another breathless foxtrot around the world's circumference.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby richomack360 » 13 Nov 2012, 12:23

adison wrote:@ the people saying "Not Rocky, Rambo"

Are you stupid? It was obviously a joke.

FFS we are doomed.


Are you being completely stupid or something ? Clearly he meant "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot"

:D
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
User avatar
richomack360 60
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3611
Joined: 25 May 2011, 08:55
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: richomack360

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Nov 2012, 12:28

richomack360 wrote:
Are you being completely stupid or something ? Clearly he meant "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot"

:D


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwatNHFfgX4
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
User avatar
FishyGinger 69
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 11:24

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby thecreator » 13 Nov 2012, 12:29

Oi CVG you deleted my comment, yesterday when you posted this review (and broke the embargo viewtopic.php?f=21&t=143972&p=2219221#p2219221) it had an 8, what changed overnight??
thecreator 25
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 03 Nov 2009, 17:34
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 13 Nov 2012, 12:39

Sleepaphobic wrote:
TheLastDodo wrote:Negatives aren't negatives in my book.

I'll get it a bit later, now it's time for breakfast.

Holy s**t! When did you become a mod bro?


It took a while didnt it, selling out ones previous opinions and views is a lengthy business, plus it takes a while to get used to the taste in your mouth........I've heard

Hugs
Image
User avatar
Megatrons_Fury 50
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 15:54

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby TheRandyNinja » 13 Nov 2012, 12:51

Cvg needs to stop reviewing games i have completely lost hope in your ability to give a fair review its either a completely shocking game and gets a high score or it actually surpasses expectation and gets a crap score. its a step up from mw3 in my opinion and deserves at least a 8.5 given the free live stream feature and the changed they have made too the game. one day cvg you might get one right
TheRandyNinja 53
 
Posts: 625
Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 10:36
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Randy Ninja
PSN ID: Randy Ninja

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby Ali_ » 13 Nov 2012, 13:17

Perfectly fair review IMO. Single player is wandering down the same dumb route started by MW2 and the previous BlOps. Multiplayer is solid with few surprises and a few additions. It's good, but not great. Then again, that's been teh case for every CoD since the original Modern Warfare set the template.
User avatar
Ali_ 56
 
Posts: 1727
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 15:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby wishface » 13 Nov 2012, 13:38

Within the first five minutes, accompanied by some tunless melancholia from some band of the moment, we see a child burned half to death and another try to slash his own neck. If this is what passes for entertainment in the minds of yanks then god help us all. I could write a huge longwinded diatribe about this, but I fear it would go over most people's heads, which is part of the problem.
I have no problem with games where people shoot each other. MW1 was executed very well and was not gratuitous in its violence. Sadly, in order to push the sales and appeal to an ever more jaded audience of unknowingly twisted up children and adolescents in this f**ked up world we live in, Activision feel compelled to include more and more nasty s**t. I am only half joking when I say I would love for the Daily Mail to get a hold of this. Maybe that kind of blundering righteous outrage would be the kick up the arse this industry sorely needs.
This is squalid and it is insulting and qutie frankly I would love to see everyone responsible for the programming of these sequences out the door and in the gutter where they belong.
wishface 41
 
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 23:55
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby starvinbull » 13 Nov 2012, 14:11

killingabbcwae wrote:a call of duty game that gets 7.8? bloody hell it must be christmas lol,i thought all magazines gave them 9 or 10 out of 10, lol good for you cvg :)


7.8 and yet I'm guessing it's no worse than almost every other COD. I guess they knew they couldn't credibly pull the same trick again, whether other magazines follow suit I doubt.
starvinbull 59
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 14:38
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 13 Nov 2012, 14:17

Well I don't care for scores and if this panders to the cool kids then its fine, not that the review reflects the score but that ain't nothing new is it? From what I have played it is a true return to form, of course it plays like COD what the hell do people expect, just hope we don't get a load of Halo's camper kids coming over and talking about spots and s**t ( :wink: @Megatron)

Oh and CVG; 'In the end though, we have to judge it in the context of there already being eight other Call of Duty games available on the three major platforms, and measured against that yardstick Black Ops 2 struggles to justify itself.' I'll remember that when you are next reviewing a Mario, Street fighter, Gran Turismo or any other game with a few incarnations- epic fail there chaps.
Image
Image
User avatar
KK-Headcharge78 62
 
Posts: 5176
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 13:47
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby Bryanee1983 » 13 Nov 2012, 16:25

thecreator wrote:Oi CVG you deleted my comment, yesterday when you posted this review (and broke the embargo viewtopic.php?f=21&t=143972&p=2219221#p2219221) it had an 8, what changed overnight??


lol really?
Right now, I'm letting you live. And I'll continue to keep you alive...until you've grown enough to become worth killing.♠
Joined 2001
User avatar
Bryanee1983 59
 
Posts: 2329
Joined: 27 Nov 2005, 16:11
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby TheLastDodo » 13 Nov 2012, 16:31

Megatrons_Fury wrote:It took a while didnt it, selling out ones previous opinions and views is a lengthy business, plus it takes a while to get used to the taste in your mouth........I've heard

Hugs


He he he.

You're one to talk after what I saw you playing on 360 last night.

You've become what you hate :lol:

Hug?
TheLastDodo 77
 
Posts: 15839
Joined: 07 Jan 2011, 15:26

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby dwhlufc » 13 Nov 2012, 16:32

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Well I don't care for scores and if this panders to the cool kids then its fine, not that the review reflects the score but that ain't nothing new is it? From what I have played it is a true return to form, of course it plays like COD what the hell do people expect, just hope we don't get a load of Halo's camper kids coming over and talking about spots and s**t ( :wink: @Megatron)

Oh and CVG; 'In the end though, we have to judge it in the context of there already being eight other Call of Duty games available on the three major platforms, and measured against that yardstick Black Ops 2 struggles to justify itself.' I'll remember that when you are next reviewing a Mario, Street fighter, Gran Turismo or any other game with a few incarnations- epic fail there chaps.

That post reads like its personal. Remember, your enjoying it, that's all that matters. :D
Image
Image
User avatar
dwhlufc 75
 
Posts: 14355
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 16:09
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby gobbybobby » 13 Nov 2012, 16:43

Bryanee1983 wrote:
thecreator wrote:Oi CVG you deleted my comment, yesterday when you posted this review (and broke the embargo viewtopic.php?f=21&t=143972&p=2219221#p2219221) it had an 8, what changed overnight??


lol really?



Maybe activision sent CVG less money than they where expecting?
gobbybobby 45
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 20 May 2009, 18:55
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: gobbybobby
PSN ID: gobbybobby
Steam: gobbybobby
Battle.net: gobbybobby
xFire: gobbybobby

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 13 Nov 2012, 17:25

dwhlufc wrote:
KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Well I don't care for scores and if this panders to the cool kids then its fine, not that the review reflects the score but that ain't nothing new is it? From what I have played it is a true return to form, of course it plays like COD what the hell do people expect, just hope we don't get a load of Halo's camper kids coming over and talking about spots and s**t ( :wink: @Megatron)

Oh and CVG; 'In the end though, we have to judge it in the context of there already being eight other Call of Duty games available on the three major platforms, and measured against that yardstick Black Ops 2 struggles to justify itself.' I'll remember that when you are next reviewing a Mario, Street fighter, Gran Turismo or any other game with a few incarnations- epic fail there chaps.

That post reads like its personal. Remember, your enjoying it, that's all that matters. :D


And every detractor post doesn't? :wink:
Image
Image
User avatar
KK-Headcharge78 62
 
Posts: 5176
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 13:47
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby Robcarroll93 » 13 Nov 2012, 17:50

I'm really enjoying it so far, the story is awesome!
Robcarroll93 10
 
Posts: 67
Joined: 28 Aug 2012, 13:24

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], kovin, paddyrx8, raredevice, TheMaxPowerWay and 10 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]