to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there is on

Your comments on our articles.

"The numbers, Mason! What do they mean?"

Well, you can't say that Call of Duty never takes you anywhere. This, the ninth mainline entry in Activision's ludicrously-popular military shooter series, serves up yet another breathless foxtrot around the world's circumference.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 review: In the future, there i

Postby Smelly Cheese » 13 Nov 2012, 10:19

bamozzy wrote:compared to MW3 this is so much better!. I am really surprised by this score!

I know that this may be the latest in a long line of CoD titles but I personally think this is the best so far.

The MP has removed all the death streaks and refined the perk/attachments. It has tried to eliminate camping and those that try will not reap the rewards they used to get. The focus has been moved to Objective based play. This is definitely the best and most refined MP in a call of Duty game.

Zombies has also been expanded on and is as good as Black Ops (if not better) and they have tried a new format for the Campaign.

Whilst it does feel like a CoD game, it seems that Treyarch have listened to their community and addressed many of the issues we had with previous games. Based on your score, you are basically saying that MW3 is a much better game than this but the reality couldn't be further from this!

If all CoD games were available to play (without all the hackers etc) then given the choice, I would much rather play Black Ops 2 than any of them - not just because it is the latest BUT because of the way they have approached and fixed many of the issues from before!

Cheers mate! I do enjoy the COD series but MW3 was all over the place for me! Glad to hear that this is seemingly better and the devs have really tried balancing the multiplayer. Can't wait to finish work now!
Smelly Cheese 49

Postby chuffster » 13 Nov 2012, 10:21

FishyGinger wrote:
illage2 wrote:Hasn't that Afghan level been done in a certain violent film before ..... (Hint Stallone was the main character in this film).

With that aside it's nice to finally see a fair and honest review. While the game may not be crap it certainly won't deserve a 9. a 7.8 a very fair score.

Muppet, Rocky 4 took place in Russia.

And stop with the bloody knee things.

Are you being sarcastic?Or do you not realise he's talking about Rambo III??
chuffster 43

Postby illage2 » 13 Nov 2012, 10:23

FishyGinger wrote:
illage2 wrote:Hasn't that Afghan level been done in a certain violent film before ..... (Hint Stallone was the main character in this film).

With that aside it's nice to finally see a fair and honest review. While the game may not be crap it certainly won't deserve a 9. a 7.8 a very fair score.

Muppet, Rocky 4 took place in Russia.

And stop with the bloody knee things.

I wasn't talking about Rocky >:) I was talking about another Stallone Film :P As for the knee thing, the review mentioned shooting someone in the keecap they kinda asked for that.
ImageImage
illage2 53

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby adison » 13 Nov 2012, 10:34

@ the people saying "Not Rocky, Rambo"

Are you stupid? It was obviously a joke.

FFS we are doomed.
there's a time and place for everything. and this is neither the time nor the place

psn id :- Johnny_Damage_
adison 43

Postby Barca Azul » 13 Nov 2012, 10:48

Great to see a proper review, CVG over the last 6 months has been reviewing differently.

I loved CoD 4 MW, but the series for me has been declining, but previous years haven't reflected this in review scores. I think its important that they dont get good scores by default each time, as it challenges the devs to come up with something new.
Barca Azul 61

Postby jubbgi01 » 13 Nov 2012, 11:08

Quick question. Is Mercenary TDM available on this, or is it packed in with other game modes, like in MW3?
And I also hated MW3. I still play BLOPS, but never prestiged on MW3. I'm guessing the BLOPS severs on PSN are going to be dead tonight.
Edit: Great review CVG. Well balanced and sound reasoning for the score given. Bravo!
Last edited by jubbgi01 on 13 Nov 2012, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
jubbgi01 52

Xbox Live: Garethj
PSN ID: swimthefish
Steam: jubbi

Postby TheLastDodo » 13 Nov 2012, 11:09

Negatives aren't negatives in my book.

I'll get it a bit later, now it's time for breakfast.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby ilovenewtech » 13 Nov 2012, 11:16

Hi super awesome fellow forum posters hope you are all well.

I got it and I am really enjoying it. I think 7.8 is overly harsh, should be a 9. I know I am going to get stick for it but based on zombies alone I would give it a 9.

Getting used to it now as I really enjoyed MOH Warfighter, Resident Evil 6 and now COD BLOPS2.

Go team looking forward to the next one YEAH!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lets all be super, super happy awesome to each other. Go team super, super happy awesome yeah!!!!
ilovenewtech 55

Postby Mr_90 » 13 Nov 2012, 11:28

Personally, I will only be playing zombies and multiplayer. I have not bothered with a CoD campaign since MW2, this year it will be no different. This therefore renders CVG's "downers" irrelevant to me. Since there are no highlighted criticisms of either zombies or multiplayer, I'll go ahead and assume this is the best CoD to date.
Mr_90 8

Postby TheBusterMan » 13 Nov 2012, 11:40

Anyone know if the 3D is any cop? The 3D on the Xbox 360 version of Black Ops 1 was quite good,the quality dropped a little,but it was quite immersive.The PS3 seems to do 3D a little better.
TheBusterMan 47

Postby S-Smith » 13 Nov 2012, 11:43

It's funny if say 'The Last of Us' has 'Zombies'(well they are not really Zombies anyway) then everyone says 'Zombies are boring' but if COD or any other non-PS3-only game has Zombies people don't moan & lap it up[what a pile sh*t reviews are & internet people are] lol
S-Smith 41

Postby Sleepaphobic » 13 Nov 2012, 11:43

I will say that it at least looks like Treyarch are trying to fix a few nagging problems with this franchise. Remember all those jokes people made about Treyarch? Oh how the tables have turned.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby Sleepaphobic » 13 Nov 2012, 11:52

TheLastDodo wrote:Negatives aren't negatives in my book.

I'll get it a bit later, now it's time for breakfast.

Holy s**t! When did you become a mod bro?
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Nov 2012, 12:02

S-Smith wrote:It's funny if say 'The Last of Us' has 'Zombies'(well they are not really Zombies anyway) then everyone says 'Zombies are boring' but if COD or any other non-PS3-only game has Zombies people don't moan & lap it up[what a pile sh*t reviews are & internet people are] lol

It is funny, I'm laughing right now. lol
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby martinawatson » 13 Nov 2012, 12:03

ilovenewtech wrote:Hi super awesome fellow forum posters hope you are all well.

I got it and I am really enjoying it. I think 7.8 is overly harsh, should be a 9. I know I am going to get stick for it but based on zombies alone I would give it a 9.

Getting used to it now as I really enjoyed MOH Warfighter, Resident Evil 6 and now COD BLOPS2.

Go team looking forward to the next one YEAH!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Yes , bit of pandering too be in with the cool kids scoring it a fairly low 7.8 . Think you need to spend a bit more time with it CVG , Did this score lower than Resident evil 6 ?

Go team not going to give low scores to be "in " with the "cool kids" YEAH!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 65

PreviousNext