DICE producer 'ashamed' of Battlefield Bad Company 2

Your comments on our articles.

Patrick Bach sets himself very high standards

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was well received and has sold millions of copies, but DICE executive producer Patrick Bach says he only sees faults with the game.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby roguezink » 30 Sep 2011, 10:51

He's obviously not played the current Beta then... I'd be ashamed of it's quality with less than a month to go. BFBC2 is way better, and tighter.
roguezink 47

Postby lordjamie4 » 30 Sep 2011, 10:57

i loved bfbc2 the beta for bf3 is great wen i can get on it wish they had put more maps in the beta :lol:
lordjamie4 41

Postby robertboekee » 30 Sep 2011, 11:01

If the beta is anything to go by they've got a lot of work over the next few weeks, there's a plethora of minor issues that, while OK in a beta, won't cut it when the game is released.

Saying that however, the game feels good, the game mechanics work well most of the time, balancing is good on the map we've been given for the beta and it seems well optimised. The stand-out feature for me is the audio, it's so good, possibly the best I've heard in a game, the changes in gun fire when going through different areas, the directional sound and the meaty gunfire are like candy for ears!
robertboekee 52

Postby kirankara » 30 Sep 2011, 11:01

should be ashamed of bf3 imo, bc2 was amazing, bf3 kinda stinks
kirankara 57

Re: DICE producer 'ashamed' of Battlefield Bad Company 2

Postby nologo » 30 Sep 2011, 11:10

kirankara wrote:should be ashamed of bf3 imo, bc2 was amazing, bf3 kinda stinks

nooooo - i've been waiting for this game since bf2!
psn: zell71
wow server: Vashj-EU
Jetsetwilly Gnome Warrior
nologo 47

Postby kirankara » 30 Sep 2011, 11:22

nologo wrote:
kirankara wrote:should be ashamed of bf3 imo, bc2 was amazing, bf3 kinda stinks

nooooo - i've been waiting for this game since bf2!

give it a go, see what you think, but i cant get along with it at all. it's cod twitch controls, without the accuracy or 60fps, with practically 1 shot deaths.

not for me thanks
kirankara 57

Postby runadumb » 30 Sep 2011, 11:37

He should be ashamed of the new server browser and origin requirement. What a massive piece of steaming crap all that is. Awful. Ping and player count are always wrong and using a browser is just stupid. Moronically stupid.

Gameplay looks solid though. Even if the beta map is nothing at all like a Battlefield map. As someone said above the game is also pretty damn bugger considering how close it is to release. It will be launched in an unfinished state at this rate. Par for the course these days.

EDIT:Just spent the last 25 mins trying and failing to get into a decent game. Even with setting the servers to europe the games I finally get into that give me a low ping in the browser have insane pings. Of the 2 I got into one was 400 odd and the other was so high it read as zero. Yet in the browser they were both under 40, but in-game both were unplayable.
Exact same problem as BC2 and I'm done with that crap. That is a game breaker for me as it did my head in with BC2 and I'm just not putting up with that again as its so frustrating finding a game and then getting a 200+ ping. My 50meg connection is wasted. I will keep an eye out to see if they improve this but they never did with BC2.
Last edited by runadumb on 30 Sep 2011, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
runadumb 62

Postby ricflair » 30 Sep 2011, 11:37

People do seem to be a bit underwhelmed...
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby nolim » 30 Sep 2011, 11:45

From what i've played of the Beta BF3 is a far worse game than BFBC2. It looks worse, which comes as a big surprise, and all the balance has gone from the game. If you're the type of player who likes to camp and snipe then they seem to be catering to your style of play, otherwise you're far better off with the previous game. This is basesd on playing the one map so is probably an unfair assessment but for me this game has gone from must have to maybe.
nolim 41

Postby gooner77 » 30 Sep 2011, 11:45

The Battlefield Beta is starting to grow on me but it does make EA/Dice look pretty bad. Activision must be laughing their heads off
gooner77 46

Xbox Live: gooner77
PSN ID: highburygooner

Postby Guy_Muggsley » 30 Sep 2011, 11:47

People seem to be forgetting this is a BETA! the whole point is to help them identify and iron out kinks before the official launch and test server capacities etc. of course there are going to be issues on day one of an open beta as millions of people try to play it all at the same minute. i think people should have a little more faith in DICE to deliver a finished product in time for launch.
Guy_Muggsley 22

Postby TheLastDodo » 30 Sep 2011, 11:54

Some people have obviously forgotten what beta means :roll:.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby heatuk10 » 30 Sep 2011, 11:58

I think the BETA is ok... I have faith in them that the final game will be awesome! Don't know why people are whining over it to be honest, we all know it's a BETA so it's not a final build and it's going to have glitches and niggles so they can eradicate them for the final game! Battlefield is for men anyway so I suggest the moaning little girls go back to Modern Warfare if it's not for you!
heatuk10 29

Postby Lance Uppercunt » 30 Sep 2011, 12:12

He should be ashamed of the screen tearing (PS3 version) in it. A problem which hasn't been remedied in the BF3 beta.
Lance Uppercunt 26

Postby kirankara » 30 Sep 2011, 12:15

TheLastDodo wrote:Some people have obviously forgotten what beta means :roll:.

my issues arent with screen tear or glitches , or even graphics as whole, just not enjoying playing the game at all.

you seem to have to a snipey tard who likes lying prone waiting for people to walk by. thats dull to me. Im not a run and dun nut job by any means, but i spawn, and get sniped

then as you walk towards objectives, u get...sniped.

then theres the 1 shot deaths and twitchy controls. i understand this is older code, although if this article is to be believed, not that old, maybe only few weeks older.

"Despite the beta being a bit late, it seems some of the coding in the beta may be somewhat outdated, which seems to negate the purpose of a beta. “it’s a couple of weeks behind. So, there might be problems in that that we’ve already fixed [since then].” It would appear that the beta is going to serve more as a marketing tool than a means to find bugs before release."

http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/14246-D ... aints.html

Not encouraging signs imo
kirankara 57

Next