PES2008 ON PS3

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

ps3 proevo 08

Postby jazexpress1 » 27 Oct 2007, 00:30

is it only people not using hdmi cable getting the problems???
jazexpress1 28

PES 2008 Lockups

Postby stevetabb » 27 Oct 2007, 00:46

I can't even play my copy of PES 2008 on my PS3. Never mind the lag, it just locks up the console completely. I don't have any problems with the other games on my PS3 so why should there be with this? This is unbelievably bad and I will be trying to get a refund for something which is basically faulty. You should not have to put up with this sort of unfinished buggy rubbish. Konami - Delay the release by all means, which may have disappointed a few people, but don't issue a broken game. I was really looking forward to getting this after reading some very good reviews. Maybe this is a quality control issue as some people don't seem to have as many problems as others, but I for one want my money back!! :evil:
By the way, I am not using HDMI, I am using component connections to my 42" standard def Hitachi plasma.
stevetabb 3

Re: ps3 proevo 08

Postby Red Dragon » 27 Oct 2007, 01:00

I don't think it's anything to do with any cable. I tried HDMI and Scart RGB and they both give the same exact results, resolution aside etc..

I have to be honest after closer inspection visually this gane is pants. Infact my pants have better graphics than this game. It looks PS2 standard just a tad shinier.

Mm... What a crap week after all. Played the Jericho demo and was left underwhelmed.

Please, let COD4 not spoil the party too. I keep the faith.
If you want change vote for the RedLoin_Of_SteakDragon party.
+
Sunday nights, THX and Red Dragon bring you 'diediedie'... JOIN UP TODAY SOLDIER!! (With occasional special guests)

PSN ID - Dwighty.
Red Dragon 58

kj

Postby jazexpress1 » 27 Oct 2007, 01:32

there seems 2 be a decent game under all that mess!!
well done fifa at least it looks nxt gen!!!
1 whole year of development!!!! shame on u konami
what they been doing???
no wonder the demo never arrived!!!!
idiots at konami!!!
jazexpress1 28

Postby sgib1967 » 27 Oct 2007, 11:14

i have 2 disagree with most ppl here i think the new pes is amazin the slower gameplay suits my style of play the passing is great the shooting could b a little better but overall 9.5 out of 10 shame bout the online at the moment though if i put online mode in2 score i wood give it around 8 out of 10 but great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sgib1967 45

PSN ID: mightygib

Postby Bicceh » 27 Oct 2007, 19:03

sgib1967 wrote:i have 2 disagree with most ppl here i think the new pes is amazin the slower gameplay suits my style of play the passing is great the shooting could b a little better but overall 9.5 out of 10 shame bout the online at the moment though if i put online mode in2 score i wood give it around 8 out of 10 but great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you could add some full stops to that. Wouldn't hurt

side note - HDMI runs better than Component or SCART. It's still not good though

update please
Bicceh 36

Postby dwhlufc » 27 Oct 2007, 22:19

put your handbag down :roll:
dwhlufc 76

Postby sgib1967 » 27 Oct 2007, 22:32

Bicceh wrote:
sgib1967 wrote:i have 2 disagree with most ppl here i think the new pes is amazin the slower gameplay suits my style of play the passing is great the shooting could b a little better but overall 9.5 out of 10 shame bout the online at the moment though if i put online mode in2 score i wood give it around 8 out of 10 but great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you could add some full stops to that. Wouldn't hurt

sorry i didnt realise my english teacher was going to read it.
sgib1967 45

PSN ID: mightygib

Postby Mr Vengeance » 27 Oct 2007, 22:34

sgib1967 wrote:sorry i didnt realise my english teacher was going to read it.

There is a reason why they invented punctuation - it makes things easier to read.
I'm still great and you're still a smelly tosser
Mr Vengeance 62

Postby Bicceh » 28 Oct 2007, 00:17

Mr Vengeance wrote:
sgib1967 wrote:sorry i didnt realise my english teacher was going to read it.

There is a reason why they invented punctuation - it makes things easier to read.

indeed because you see if i type like this all the time it gets really annoying and it doesn't really take much effort to hit the full stop button on my keyboard every now and then to start a new sentence right? yes it's very easy to do but ok ill stop crying about it if you want i spose.

back on track i sent a nice mail to konami - see if they respond :p
Bicceh 36

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Oct 2007, 09:50

i dont think they'll respond imagine the amount of complaints EA get and i'll put money on them not giving a shite
dwhlufc 76

Postby keyser7 » 28 Oct 2007, 12:06

I'm playing through HDMI and the replays are awful but as far as slowdown in the actual game it is fairly minimal, in fact probably less than pes6 on 360. However there really shouldn't be any slowdown at all on a next gen football game. Considering what other developers can push the machines to do this is a poor effort.

There are plenty of irritations though, mostly if you play multiplayer, firstly - most of the time when you take set-pieces, particularly corners you can't move the frigging players in the box. So player 1 takes the corner and player 2's players are stuck rooted to the spot, unless you take control of another player, then your original player might move somewhere. WHY? It was never like this before. You can only move after the kick is taken. Although sometimes you can move before the kick so it seems random.

Another annoying thing is you can't choose the home and away strips in the master league, so you can end up with teams whose strips are difficult to tell apart, again WHY?

Now granted I have not bothered reading the instructions relating to this next irritation, but when your players are tired (I think this is the reason) they get a red triangle on their head. So now when you play two player or three player and say one of your players is tired and on a yellow card, the indicator above his head now has either blue, red or yellow to indicate who is controlling the player, yellow to say he is on a yellow card, and red to say that he is tired. WHY??? it's hard to tell who is controlling who with what looks like Superman symbols above half the players' heads.

Now that last point I may be ranting without realising there is a way to turn it off, but the old games never had all this colour confusion, so why implement it now.
keyser7 55

Postby Red Dragon » 28 Oct 2007, 22:17

Another irritation. Online the ref is a gothic demented freak and shows me the red for no real good reason whatsoever. Online the game is so strict with sliding tackles, too strict.
If you want change vote for the RedLoin_Of_SteakDragon party.
+
Sunday nights, THX and Red Dragon bring you 'diediedie'... JOIN UP TODAY SOLDIER!! (With occasional special guests)

PSN ID - Dwighty.
Red Dragon 58

Postby Bicceh » 28 Oct 2007, 22:31

its probably due to the lag owning your face

you see on your screen its probably a win takle - on his you probably just raided his backside like gary glitter raids play schools
Bicceh 36

Postby bmaindj » 29 Oct 2007, 14:19

I've had some shocking lag over the first few days online, havent played other mode but im hoping there will be a fix sometime this week. I love the game because after all it's Pro Evo but the online exp i was wanting has left me severly underwhelmed. I think for the PS3 version at least there was a reason we've not seen a demo yet. It's a half-arsed game and at a first glance i wouldnt know the difference between the ps3 and ps2 versions. Im hopeful though that the lag will be sorted by the end of the week and konami have said they're trying to fix these issues (you get that msg when you start up online!)
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!
bmaindj 46

PreviousNext