to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The last tv thing you've seen and rating.

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The last tv thing you've seen and rating.

Postby dwhlufc » 02 Mar 2013, 23:23

Breaking Bad: Season 4

Its unbelievable how this show just improves with each season. What I find truly brilliant is how you could feel it building up to something and when it all came together in the final episode it really does blow you away, especially the very last scene. Walter does come across as a selfish prick in this season and when it came down to the two of them I was routing for Jessie if I'm honest.

loved the scene when he blew Gus apart in the old folks home, and I'm still shocked that he poisoned that kid just to get Jessie into action.

5/5
dwhlufc 75

Postby Multiplayerking » 03 Mar 2013, 03:32

It's amazing how at the start, Jessie and Hanks seemed like they'd be the bad guys. But ultimately, they were good and Walter became the villain.
Hey
Multiplayerking 68

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby dwhlufc » 03 Mar 2013, 08:16

Exactly. When I say he turns into a selfish prick, I think its pretty obvious and everyone must feel the same about him after some of the things he does in that series.

Does anyone else hate his wife? I just find her really annoying.

The best characters are the ones you see rarely but they always have great scenes. Mike is Mr.Cool and I really do enjoy just watching how he deals with each scenario. Then there's, Sol Goodman who has to be my favourite. His hair seems to get more ridiculous with each episode, and the stuff he comes out with is hilarious.
dwhlufc 75

Postby slick loose » 03 Mar 2013, 12:45

Never realised this thread even existed!

I have nothing to add, just posting in it to find it easier for when I finish Arrested Develpoment/Supernatural/Grimm/The Walking Dead/Doctor Who.
slick loose 67

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby El Mag » 03 Mar 2013, 14:34

Still on Supernatural series 8 and it just keeps getting more random. If the Nazi wizards weren't enough the other week then Zeus and Prometheus being in the latest one definitely takes the p**s.

Wish my dinner would just hurry up now.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby slick loose » 03 Mar 2013, 14:43

I haven't started season 8 yet, the Wife wants to watch it together...but isn't in the mood to watch it :?
slick loose 67

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby Multiplayerking » 03 Mar 2013, 15:48

dwhlufc wrote:Exactly. When I say he turns into a selfish prick, I think its pretty obvious and everyone must feel the same about him after some of the things he does in that series.

Does anyone else hate his wife? I just find her really annoying.

The best characters are the ones you see rarely but they always have great scenes. Mike is Mr.Cool and I really do enjoy just watching how he deals with each scenario. Then there's, Sol Goodman who has to be my favourite. His hair seems to get more ridiculous with each episode, and the stuff he comes out with is hilarious.

S'all Good, Man is the best character. Always so funny!
Hey
Multiplayerking 68

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby sevvybgoode » 03 Mar 2013, 23:37

I just finished series 5 - episode 8 of breaking bad...outside of Dexter it's the best thing on tv at the moment (oh and great British menu of course...). You're right about the change to Walt, he turns from this wimp who wouldn't even pick up a gun in the first few episodes to a middle class version of tony Montana. July cant come soon enough so I can finish off series 5 (it's on Netflix btw) and see how this is going to pan out. Oh and btw Saul is definitely the best character. You better call Saul!
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby Barry316 » 04 Mar 2013, 12:54

I watched a bit of wrestling for the first time in years the other night, and i don't know how the few fans here put up with it every week anymore.

The main reason was that Vickie bird. Whoever thought she'd be good to watch is obviously deaf, because her voice is just painful.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby TheLastDodo » 04 Mar 2013, 16:21

Yeah the problem is Vickie still gets booed out of the building everywhere she goes so they won't get rid of her. I think basically she's got a job for life if she wants it, part of WWE's way to look after her and her family after Eddie Guererro died a few years ago, possibly out of guilt as I hink Eddie died before they toughened up on their drug testing procedures.

I'm really struggling right to care about it now which is bad considering it's wrestlemania season and this is traditionally where they put out the best shows. I couldn't even give a s**t that wrestlemania is only a few weeks away, the build up has been that bad. It's just rematches from last year, rematches of matches that weren't even that good in the first place.

I always have that nows a good time to get out feeling but they just keep finding one guy that keeps me interested.

My fave was Austin, when he retired Kurt Angle became my fave, when he left Edge became my fave, when Edge retired CM Punk became my fave, now Punk aside they have Daniel Bryan and The Shield, an nWo like group but specifically one member Dean Ambrose, if Ledger's Joker was a wrestler he would be Dean Ambrose.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FishyGinger » 04 Mar 2013, 16:28

That Andre the Giant fellow is obviously still the best.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby rbt2 » 04 Mar 2013, 16:32

Me and my boy absolutely love that advert with the little dancing Shire pony.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Bambis Dad » 04 Mar 2013, 16:41

Black Mirror, three unconnected stories, but each one was great. The second is probably the best bit of TV I have watched in the last five years, it really was that good. 5/5.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby TheLastDodo » 04 Mar 2013, 19:41

FishyGinger wrote:That Andre the Giant fellow is obviously still the best.

You can't beat the Macho Man

CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Barry316 » 04 Mar 2013, 20:13

You're a strong lad to still put up with it Dodo.

It just seemed so drab now, nobody really stood out it was loads of similar looking people with no catchy gimmick. Kane was still in it though, he had a mask on again but when i last saw he had his bald head and scary face all free.

Bring back Steve Austin!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

PreviousNext