to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Last film you saw and rating - phase 4

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Last film you saw and rating - phase 4

Postby rbt2 » 14 Feb 2013, 23:18

Don't like following a review of such a classic like Blade Runner...... I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Anyhoo, to lighten the mood, Wreck it Ralph.
Great entertainment!
We all loved it.
It just ain't no Blade Runner.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby slick loose » 14 Feb 2013, 23:19

rbt2 wrote:Don't like following a review of such a classic like Blade Runner...... I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Anyhoo, to lighten the mood, Wreck it Ralph.
Great entertainment!
We all loved it.
It just ain't no Blade Runner.

Twas a very good speech, like I said HE was brilliant and was maybe the highlight of the whole film.

Glad Wreck it Ralph was good, might have a watch myself!
slick loose 67

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby rbt2 » 14 Feb 2013, 23:33

It's a great film, slicko and you must see it.
Magnifico did a good job with the review so I won't add to that due to my fickness and stuff.
However, 7 outta 10 for Blade Runner?
Like I always say, horses, courses and all that bur this film is a bit spesh to me.
I have the Blu ray spec ed that comes in the suitcase that the bloke who interviewd Leon had.
It has the origami unicorn, the floaty police car, film stills and a piece of film from the film and it is mine!
I love Blade Runner.
All versions.
10 outta 10.
rbt2 76

Postby slick loose » 14 Feb 2013, 23:45

Maybe I'm just too young to appreciate it. :wink:

But seriously, that Blu-ray set sounds awesome!
slick loose 67

Postby rbt2 » 14 Feb 2013, 23:52

slick loose wrote:Maybe I'm just too young to appreciate it. :wink:

But seriously, that Blu-ray set sounds awesome!

Some love and some don't, Slicko.
All about opinions, innit?
I actually went to see this on the big screen several years ago in London.
Ridley Scott at his best, in me 'umble.
Much prefer this to Alien and that was the best of the franchise and another of me all time faves.
In me 'umble.
rbt2 76

Postby rbt2 » 15 Feb 2013, 00:01

I can't post up a pic cos you know what a moron I am but I can post this link.
If it works, that is.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-Blu-ray/374/
rbt2 76

Postby slick loose » 15 Feb 2013, 00:16

Very Nice, how many of them did they make? I imagine them being quite rare in the years to come.

I am jealous of your geekiness! :P
slick loose 67

Postby rbt2 » 15 Feb 2013, 00:31

:D
I love that word 'geekness'.
Don't fink I have ever been called that before.....who am I kidding.....or should that be whom?
Friends and family have been calling me a geek for years!

Now I have this thing in me hands now, mate.....and the Blade Runner suitcase.....I am so inuendo predictable!
On the underside of it it says 'limited edition 1964/2500.'
If I took a pic of it on me iphone could I post that pic up on here and would it be difficult?
rbt2 76

Postby slick loose » 15 Feb 2013, 00:42

Didn't think they would make many!

Don't ever sell it and pass it on as a family heirloom!

:D
slick loose 67

Postby FishyGinger » 15 Feb 2013, 10:39

I liked blade runner a lot but maybe more so than yourself as I watched it well over a decade ago. I heard that Ford really didn't want to be in the movie, hence why he looked disinterested most of the time. I thought it worked personally.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 66

Postby dwhlufc » 15 Feb 2013, 15:05

FishyGinger wrote:I liked blade runner a lot but maybe more so than yourself as I watched it well over a decade ago. I heard that Ford really didn't want to be in the movie, hence why he looked disinterested most of the time. I thought it worked personally.

If that's true then it worked a treat. I watched it over ten years ago and its definitely in my top 10.

I'm not bothering with DH5. My sister went with her chap and they both said it was pants, especially McClanes son. Why couldn't they just give us a McClane story; average joe gets in over his head but saves the day, the end.

dwhlufc 74

Postby Barry316 » 15 Feb 2013, 15:08

I wanted to watch Die Hard until reading the version over here is a watered down 12A rating whereas America has the proper R rated one.
Death to Ming!
Barry316 64

Postby Bambis Dad » 15 Feb 2013, 18:40

Rupert could you leave the Blade Runner set in the van?
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby flash501 » 16 Feb 2013, 22:43

TheLastDodo wrote:A Good Day To Die Hard or Die Hard 5

I don't know what particularly constitutes a Die Hard film to a Die Hard fan, if It taking place in just one building over one day at Xmas is what constitutes as a Die Hard film then DH5 may disappoint but if you like Die Hard because Bruce Willis wise cracks while saving the world in one day by shooting loads of terrorists and blowing s**t up then you should enjoy DH5.

Personally I thought it was fun, some completely mental action scenes, far less CGI than DH4 had (that I noticed anyway) and the only time I noticed it well it was understandable. There were a couple of nods to the first film (I don't know if they were intentional but I'd like to think they were).

I have no idea who Jai Courtney is but his role in DH5 is clearly to be as big of a dick as possible to his dad until he eventually warms up to him, he succeeds at the former, the latter felt a little rushed but it was only 95 mins long and the film is set all in the same day so they couldn't really make it feel natural. The bad guys are alright, the henchman's leader Alik been the standout, mainly because he gets the most screen time to show some personality, as for the other villains..........they're no Rickman's but they're better than that useless **** in The Avengers :mrgreen:.

I enjoyed it, defo more than 4 at the very least. Guessing by Willis age now I guess this will be the last Die Hard, without spoiling anything I will say there's no obvious indication that DH5 was about "passing the torch" to a new generation in Courtney. If Bruce is up for more then great I'll watch it but if this is the final Die Hard then it ends on a high note, not just for John McClane but the Die Hard series.

8/10

Interesting. My mate, who's a massive Die Hard fan like myself, went to see it today and he's just told me that it's the worst movie he's seen in a long time. It's getting crucified by reviewers across the board, too. Apparently, they're already planning the next one.
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby El Mag » 17 Feb 2013, 20:28

Here Comes The Boom

If you haven't heard of this before then don't worry because I hadn't either. Then again I have got a filter that stops anything with Adam Sandler in or anything with his name attached getting inside my flat nowadays. He's a producer in this one.

The story is one you've heard a thousand times - lazy teacher tries to help another teacher out because budget cuts are forcing his music group to be shut down. And the way he goes about raising the money is to become a UFC fighter, he did a bit of wrestling in his school days you see, so that's the only obvious way.

As a comedy it is pretty s**t, it's got roughly two moments that could maybe make you chortle at best. But for some reason by the end of it I didn't feel like punching a nun. Maybe it was because the Fonz is in it, maybe it was my undying love for Salma Hayek and swooning over seeing her, or it could even have been from taking out of date painkillers earlier. But I like to think it was because it wasn't supposed to be a straight up comedy, and was more of a statement of what us men can achieve when we put our mind to something.

Yeah alright, it was definitely Salma.

6/10
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 67

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

PreviousNext