to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Any Football Related Memories.....

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Any Football Related Memories.....

Postby Paul Skinback » 01 May 2014, 00:00

....then post them here.
Was thinking about this earlier today.
Me and my mate drove up to Everton in the late 90's in his motor.
We parked up in some little side street near Stanley Park.
As we were getting out of the motor this little urchin, who couldn't have been no more than 12 or 13 came up to us and said 'look after your car for a tenner mister.'
To which I replied 'fukc off ya little cnut.'
Immediately my mate said ok then and gave him a tenner. He said he wanted to have all his wheels in tact when we got back from the game. Which we lost.
I was very naive that day.
And youse....?
Old, ungifted and white.
Paul Skinback 79

Re: Any Football Related Memories.....

Postby FishyGinger » 01 May 2014, 10:15

I remember seeing a topic, it was football related and I thought it was a load of crap. That was a good day.

First match I went to was Norwich against Wimbledon. I didn't care at the time about the match because it was feckin cold and I was starving at the time. But the wombles won 2-0.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby shellster2 » 01 May 2014, 11:36

I used to go and watch Leicester in the mid-week games a lot as a teenager. My mate and I went to the paper shop and bought some midget gems as we had a few minutes to wait before the bus into town arrived.

Whilst f**king about we decided to throw our sweets high into the air and try and catch it in our big gobs. My mate threw one up but it was a s**t throw. Ever the competitive I still went after it. He wanted to throw it up again so he jumped up to get it and elbowed me in the chops. By the time he'd landed blood was all over the place and my lip looked like a giant inflatable. My tooth was wobbly as well.

What can you do? Get on the bus of course and go to the game. I got stopped by the police on suspicion of being a football hooligan and I'm sure they didn't believe me when I told them it was all over a mis-thrown midget gem.

I think we beat middlesborough 2-1.

ooh Tommy Wright...
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 68

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby kovin » 01 May 2014, 11:54

I kicked a ball once, I was young, it was sunny...

I also took one in the unmentionables, that wasn't as good

:lol:
kovin 61

PSN ID: GregorKovin

Postby Reegeee » 02 May 2014, 10:27

I would love to be able to post in here, but I'm a f**king jinx. Every match I ever go to is shite. 1 nils and nil nils everywhere. I once went to a pre season friendly between Sheff Utd and Boro which was 3-2 but thats it.

Worst memory I have of footy though is after a sheff utd game their fans just went ballistic and started smashing the town centre up where I was. Chucking tables and chairs from pubs at the trams going past and s**t. Absolute bell ends.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby ricflair » 03 May 2014, 09:26

I'm the same, live matches I go to are nearly always shite!

First game I think I went to see was Norwich v Arsenal at Highbury. This was organised by the team I played for. We got to London in the coach and the game was called off due to fog.

I did watch England hammer shite teams in qualifiers at Wembley a couple of times. My most overwhelming memory of those games is the cheap tat that's sold around the stadium. Probably official cheap tat these days!

I remember crying my eyes out when we got knocked out in Mexico and Italy. But I was watching from home, so that probably didn't count for rbt. Despite being 7 in 1986, he'd still probably call me a plastic cnut!
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Paul Skinback » 03 May 2014, 09:43

Plastic cry baby cnut. :P
Not all all ric. Your memories can be at a game, watching indoors or a pub etc.
Old, ungifted and white.
Paul Skinback 79

Postby CrispyLog » 03 May 2014, 10:40

ricflair wrote:I'm the same, live matches I go to are nearly always shite!

First game I think I went to see was Norwich v Arsenal at Highbury. This was organised by the team I played for. We got to London in the coach and the game was called off due to fog.

I did watch England hammer shite teams in qualifiers at Wembley a couple of times. My most overwhelming memory of those games is the cheap tat that's sold around the stadium. Probably official cheap tat these days!

I remember crying my eyes out when we got knocked out in Mexico and Italy. But I was watching from home, so that probably didn't count for rbt. Despite being 7 in 1986, he'd still probably call me a plastic cnut!

Ha I remember when my dad first took me to go watching Wigan at Springy Park. Took us about a month to get there because every time we went the match was called off due to rain!

It's hard to put into words what it was like at Wembley when Watson's header went into the back of the net. Little Wigan, 10 years ago we had never been out of the bottom 2 leagues in the football league, ever, we used to play in front of 2,000 fans at a small stadium with a grass verge as one of the stands, and this wasn't a case of a big club going s**t, this was the best we had ever had it, not to mention we almost ceased to exist less than 20 years ago, none of this 'administration' b*****ks that big clubs survive through, but full on left to die and Wigan would have remained a rugby town. So yeh, how do you articulate going from that, to winning the FA Cup? We'll never better that, we'll never win the prem or win the europa or owt like that, that is the highest achievement we could ever make and no one ever thought that would ever, ever be a possibility. It's still hard to get my head round it a year on.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 75

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby GlynCR » 03 May 2014, 21:38

Nov 2001, Robbie Fowler leaves Liverpool and I genuinely think the world is gonna end
Jan 2006, Rafa brings god back to anfield the world feels a little better
Mar 2006, being at Fulham game and seeing him score him score that header right in front of us (sat in the anfield road) was honestly the best feeling in the world

I've seen things you wouldn't believe!
GlynCR 57

PSN ID: booshtastic

Postby charliecheswick » 03 May 2014, 21:39

In my younger days,me and some of my pals abducted a ceramic gnome from a display cabinet in a Birmingham City centre pub. Well,we took the fecker to every away match and posted photo's of it outside the various grounds to the boozer in question! Childish,I know but knomes should be outdoors,not locked in a pub. Many matches in my time as a Birmingham fan,including winning the play-offs to reach the Prem for the first time in 2001,beating Arsenal in the Carling Cup final in 2011,being one of 7000 Brum fans that travelled to Brugge in the Europa League the season after,winning that game with the last kick in the 10th minute of stoppage time! And then,today. 2 nil down with 15 minutes to go,we're relegated to the third tier. No hope,no chance. Well,football's an unpredictable,wonderful thing and we managed to pull one back and then grab an equaliser in injury time that kept us up. I'm forty years old in August but I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a tear at the final whistle.
RBT,it's something that the plastics will never,ever understand. The pure elation that you get from being part of something that you can touch and feel. The ups and downs that make your weekend fantastic or the worst weekend you've ever had. And tonight,it feels like this!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ixOdM8KNU
charliecheswick 48

PSN ID: pulpeto_san
Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby Paul Skinback » 04 May 2014, 07:13

That was some escape for brum Charlie. It's a great feeling isn't it. Same happened to us at Stockport in 2001. An almost indescribable feeling when your club does the impossible.
If I'm honest, I'm more interested in the championship relegation battle than who wins the prem. Always have been.
Do you reckon Clarke will be there next season?
Old, ungifted and white.
Paul Skinback 79

Postby charliecheswick » 04 May 2014, 08:26

I don't think he will be RBT. Seems a bit cruel to say after yesterday but we won 2 home games all season and some of his team selections have been bizarre to say the least. Hopefully we're being taken over very soon and they'll bring in their own man. I've not got fond memories of Stockport me old pal. Went there for a pre-season game around 1998. We only went because one of our lot was banging on about how good a place for a p**s-up it was. Well,when we got off the train he looked confused. "There was a beach here last time I come" he said. The thick chunt thought it was Southport!
We'd been drinking on the chuff chuff since half eight in the morning,all the way to kick-off and we were smashed. I was feeling a little unwell as we went through the turnstile and dived into the toilet to be sick. I sat there for a little while to get my bearings back and closed my eyes for a second. The whistle blew a big cheer went up and I got up to watch the game. Well,when I came out the bogs,everyone was leaving the ground,I'd slept through the whole bloody thing!
Pulis for manager of the year RBT,he's gotta be in with a shout!
charliecheswick 48

PSN ID: pulpeto_san
Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby Paul Skinback » 04 May 2014, 10:57

:lol:
I missed both our goals at Ippo a few years back when I had to go for a wee and saw their one goal but never anything that bad.
Also....Southport/Stockport....hahaha.
Old, ungifted and white.
Paul Skinback 79

Postby Paul Skinback » 04 May 2014, 17:04

Reegeee wrote:I would love to be able to post in here, but I'm a f**king jinx. Every match I ever go to is shite. 1 nils and nil nils everywhere. I once went to a pre season friendly between Sheff Utd and Boro which was 3-2 but thats it.

Worst memory I have of footy though is after a sheff utd game their fans just went ballistic and started smashing the town centre up where I was. Chucking tables and chairs from pubs at the trams going past and s**t. Absolute bell ends.

That's what I call my boy with regards away games.
I may be wrong but I think that every away I've taken him to bar the Brighton semi we've lost.
I call him a jinx. It really upsets him. So I do it more.
Chuckle.
Old, ungifted and white.
Paul Skinback 79