to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

UKIP: Yay or nay?

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

UKIP

Yay
14%
Nay
86%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: UKIP: Yay or nay?

Postby kovin » 23 Apr 2014, 16:59

I'm all for Scottish independence, it will mean plenty of construction jobs when we rebuild Hadrians Wall, and then we have a place to put the criminals and what-not when we set up the Nights Watch, keep out those bloomin' northerners :wink:
kovin 60

PSN ID: GregorKovin

Postby StonecoldMC » 23 Apr 2014, 18:57

For crispy and kovin

:lol:
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Tailisjoy » 23 Apr 2014, 19:23

Hansen, yours.
Kelly, she's good with kids, so she can visit but that is all. She'll need her passport though.
Barrowman, unless he is in Doctor Who or Torchwood, and he'd still need to apply for a work permit, all yours.
Corby trouser press yours.
Tailisjoy 74

Xbox Live: 3DS-1993-9136-3386
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot
Wii Code: WiiU-Saul_Iscariot

Postby kovin » 23 Apr 2014, 19:39

suppose I should classify, when I say northerners, I mean the ones that are now north of our newly built wall :wink:

what happens when Scotland gets cut off:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_(film) :lol:
kovin 60

PSN ID: GregorKovin

Postby billysastard » 23 Apr 2014, 19:54

StonecoldMC wrote:I hate to think of us saddling the rest of the UK with the inevitable Tory governments for the forseeable but surely you would do the same if you had the chance :wink: ?

no, don't think i'd be that cruel, although i'd stop the scottish mafia voting in westminster on anything thats got feck all to do with them.

also what happens when it gets colder and scotland starts icing up, bet you buggers would want back in then ;)

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby CrispyLog » 23 Apr 2014, 20:11

Well to be honest, over the past like 800,000 years Britain has only been inhabited very little in sporadic fits and starts during the warm interglacials. That's Britain as a whole, not just Scotland. Admittedly now we are more technologically advanced, but there's a good chance that in a few thousands years the whole of Britain will be an uninhabited wasteland, from the massive glaciers in the North down to the Midlands, to the frozen tundra/melt water sea in the South.

Anyroad, I knew that jock would hijack this thread! Let's see how he reacts when Halo 5 is announced and someone mentions the date Uncharted 4 comes out saying f**k Halo, no one needs it as the PS4 is better!
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 74

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby FishyGinger » 23 Apr 2014, 20:55

Scotland aren't going to become independent. Mainly because Moyes will vote yes and that will f**k it right up. And because the scottish love telling everyone else what to do, that's why there are so many goddamned scottish managers and every single company in the UK has HR and accounts departments up there.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby Galactic Fairy » 23 Apr 2014, 22:26

I am in favour of exiting the EU so kinda with UKIP but then against them because they seem to be made up sexist, racist and posh little cretins. We leave Europe, create trade links with major countries like those outside the EU do right now and there you go. Good business and we save a fortune that would otherwise go to the EU so they can do f**k all with it. That is simplyfying it but it sounds spot on to me.

They are a bit one note as a party though, I've seen Farage bang on about their other policies but they are long forgotten in the subsequent barrage of EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE talk.
Galactic Fairy 39

Postby yerbluesjohn » 23 Apr 2014, 22:56

StonecoldMC wrote:Thursday, 18 September, 2014.

Good luck to you all, wish we could make the split just above Birmingham and leave the southerners to suck it!

As for UKIP... No way.
yerbluesjohn 64

Postby ricflair » 23 Apr 2014, 23:10

You lot can sod off and leave us to our house price bubble and excellent transport links!

That's the problem with Scotland feeling separate from the rest of the UK. They feel they're being ruled by people they didn't vote for, but that's the case for nearly half the country at any given moment. You don't get the Republican states in the US wanting independence because they didn't vote democrat, or large labour voting parts of the north wanting independence from the south; as much as the north and south might bang on about each other!

We're one country, for better or for worse. Although of course I can understand it's different for Scotland as it has been a separate country before.
Woo
ricflair 76

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Paul Skinback » 27 Apr 2014, 15:37

StonecoldMC wrote:Nah, that's the day that hopefully UKIP and quite a few other things become irrelevant up here.

Agreed. It'll also be the day we won't have that fat useless cnut Salmand on our English screens.
The fat sweaty cnut.
Old, ungifted and white.
Paul Skinback 78

Postby Paul Skinback » 27 Apr 2014, 18:14

With regards the fred kweschun, it's a meh from me.
They're all born from the same trough swilling whore regardless of party.
Old, ungifted and white.
Paul Skinback 78

Postby Multiplayerking » 27 Apr 2014, 21:51

I'm on Mel Gibson's side.

FREEEEDOM
Hey
Multiplayerking 68

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Previous