to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

White feathers.

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

White feathers.

Postby rbt2 » 18 Dec 2012, 21:43

My mum died on the 29th of December last year.
She was a firm believer in this white feather lark.
Let me explain, if you have lost someone very dear to you and you are still grieving/mourning/in pain then those lost loved ones leave white feathers on your travels as a sign to tell you not to be upset or grieve anymore and that they are happy where they are.
I have asked various people outside my family if they have heard of this.
Most haven't but a few have.
I have always been very sceptical where anything like this is concerned but I'm not anymore.
A few weeks ago I took the dog out for his walk in our local woods as usual. About halfway through our walk you come to a slope which has been 'stepped' so as to make it easier to climb.
At the bottom of these steps was a trail of white feathers which went, in a fairly good straight line, all the way to the top.
I looked around for a good half hour for evidence of a struggle or a carcass or blood as I initially thought it was a fox killing a bird.
I found nowt!
Foxes kill indescriminatley when they are not hungry but this line of feathers was in a straightish line. No signs of struggle.
On the way home I suddenly realised that all the time I had been taking my dog to these woods never once have I seen a pure white bird.
The mrs has seen white feathers as has my sister.
She has an even better sign than me.
But I won't reveal that at the mo as it makes me jealous.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Re: White feathers.

Postby Samildanach » 18 Dec 2012, 22:51

Never heard about the white feather thing. Though at my father's funeral, my nieces released a white dove each and when we visited his grave last Christmas there was a white dove on his headstone. And no, it wasn't a pigeon!
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 18 Dec 2012, 23:25

When my gran died a few years back (on my mums side) my mum was pretty devastated as you can perhaps expect. Anyway a few days after my mum found 3 feathers on the mat by the front door (outside not inside), she believes in this stuff so it made her feel a heck of a lot better.
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby shellster2 » 18 Dec 2012, 23:28

I've not heard anything about the white feathers. My dear old Nan said when she died she wanted to come back as a Robin (not reliant!) and not long after she passed away I was looking to buy a new car. As I walked up to the entrance there was Robin just staring at me. Didn't even fly off. To be honest I put it down to coincidence but I often think about it and it does make me feel better.

Can't explain your thing though Roy.
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 67

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby rbt2 » 18 Dec 2012, 23:46

My big sis works for Boots, scott.
In the hoooooman resources dept....used to be known as the personell dept didn't it?
More right on bollox!
Well one morning not that long after our mum died she was on her way to work.
She walks it and it is at least a good mile.
As she walked up her drive, on the pavement directly outside her house was a trail of white feathers that she followed all the way to Boots.
She goes at the back of Boots to the staff entrance and these feathers went through the lorry delivery bay and beyond to the staff door entrance.
Make of that what you will!
About a week ago I was feeling very down. I have me good and bad days but last week was a proper downer.
I wished so hard to see white feathers last Monday but I never saw them.
The very next day I was at home. We have a 2 and 3 seater sofa.
I always sit on the small one as it has an occasional table next to it so I sit there cos I can put me cuppa tea on it.
When I got up that Tuesday morning I sat on it and got greeted by me little ponce of a dog.
After he had finished his greeting I got up to make meself a cup of tea.
When I returned from the kitchen to said sofa there was a white feather nesstling in me spot.
rbt2 76

Postby dwhlufc » 18 Dec 2012, 23:50

If you'd ever played Assassins Creed I guarantee you'd never want to see another bloody feather in your entire life! :wink:

Kidding aside, I've never heard of this, mate.
Last edited by dwhlufc on 18 Dec 2012, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
dwhlufc 75

Postby Samildanach » 18 Dec 2012, 23:51

rbt2 wrote:My big sis works for Boots, scott.
In the hoooooman resources dept....used to be known as the personell dept didn't it?
More right on bollox!
As she walked up her drive, on the pavement directly outside her house was a trail of white feathers that she followed all the way to Boots.
She goes at the back of Boots to the staff entrance and these feathers went through the lorry delivery bay and beyond to the staff door entrance.
About a week ago I was feeling very down. I have me good and bad days but last week was a proper downer.
I always sit on the small one as it has an occasional table next to it so I sit there cos I can put me cuppa tea on it.
When I got up that Tuesday morning I sat on it and got greeted by me little ponce of a dog.
When I returned from the kitchen to said sofa there was a white feather nesstling in me spot.

Could it have been from a cushion?! :P
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

Postby rbt2 » 18 Dec 2012, 23:51

DAEDALUS79 wrote:When my gran died a few years back (on my mums side) my mum was pretty devastated as you can perhaps expect. Anyway a few days after my mum found 3 feathers on the mat by the front door (outside not inside), she believes in this stuff so it made her feel a heck of a lot better.

So glad you posted that as I would hate to think It's just our family that knows of this stuff.
rbt2 76

Postby rbt2 » 18 Dec 2012, 23:55

Samildanach wrote:
rbt2 wrote:My big sis works for Boots, scott.
More right on bollox!

Could it have been from a cushion?! :P

Funny you should say that cos that's what I thought at first.
We have poncey cushions on our sofas but I unzipped them all to check and they are all foam filled.
Cheap old crap but no feathers.
rbt2 76

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 19 Dec 2012, 00:00

You can tell Sam is part of the 1%. Has goose feather cushions. Not pillows. Cushions!
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby Samildanach » 19 Dec 2012, 00:04

And a maid to fluff them for me! 8)
PSN- Samildanach

Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

Postby rbt2 » 19 Dec 2012, 00:12

Samildanach wrote:And a maid to fluff them for me! 8)

And your cushions/pillows too one would presume!
My sis has a good mate who also works at Boots.
She is a psychic.
Or medium....looks more like a large to me but this woman is brilliant.
She tells my sis stuff that no-one could not possibly know outside of our family.
She doesn't do this for financial gain either.
She calls it a curse and said that she saw and heard things as a child that no kid should see and hear at that age.
So another Jimmy Savile victim then?
But seriously, this woman has said stuff that I was shocked at.
Like I said, I was always very sceptical with stuff like this but not no more.
rbt2 76

Postby Barry316 » 19 Dec 2012, 11:14

I've never heard of this white feather jobbo so i reckon it's just a conspiracy and a thinly veiled attempt by you to sell some white feathers to some poor unsuspecting mugs on here.

I'll take 6 please.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby Queen Skillage » 19 Dec 2012, 14:52

From what I know Roberto, white feathers are from loved ones letting you know that they're still with you -- I suppose you could say it's your Mum's symbol since she believed in the white feathers thing. My Mum has a symbol too, you're not nuts yet.

:lol:
Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby rbt2 » 19 Dec 2012, 14:58

Queen Skillage wrote:From what I know Roberto, white feathers are from loved ones letting you know that they're still with you -- I suppose you could say it's your Mum's symbol since she believed in the white feathers thing. My Mum has a symbol too, you're not nuts yet.

:lol:

Yeah see I was a right nasty cynical bastard about things like this but these events have turned me soft!
What's your mum's symbol then, Queenie?
If you don't mind me asking?
rbt2 76

Next