Wrestlemania XXX - There's Gonna Be Spoilers - BEWARE

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Wrestlemania XXX - There's Gonna Be Spoilers - BEWARE

Postby El Mag » 09 Apr 2014, 16:44

I wanted to try and make it sound a bit more manly by saying figure instead of toy, but you've both completely ruined that!
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Gretzky » 09 Apr 2014, 17:04

Damn it!! I knew I should have gone with "plastic replica of a buff sweaty man in his underpants." Toys just isn't manly enough at all, apologies El Mag.
Gretzky 62

Postby Reegeee » 06 May 2014, 01:24

I've managed to watch bits and pieces of extreme rules and how impressive are Wyatt and Cesaro? Can't believe that suplex from the outside in - amazing power.

Wyatt really has something. Im really impressed with him.
Reegeee 75

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby TheLastDodo » 06 May 2014, 02:05

Just watch Shield v Evolution now.

And Bryan v Kane, Bryan sticks Kane on a fork lift, dumps him over top rope into ring, climbs on top of forklift and gives Kane a diving headbutt. Hilarious stuff.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Reegeee » 06 May 2014, 02:21

:D I literally have just now. What a f**king match. Seth Rollins is just mental.

They have a lot of really good young talent at the moment. This Wyatt fella has something about him. He just has a connection with the crowd I haven't seen since Jake the Snake. It just seems effortless for him. He just belongs there.
Reegeee 75

Postby Gretzky » 06 May 2014, 15:05

It should be a rule that The Shield and The Wyatts should face each other every week, stop arsing around with Evolution. I didn't see Extreme Rules, but the match at the end of Raw was excellent, well until Evolution turned up.
Gretzky 62

Postby TheLastDodo » 06 May 2014, 18:37

Extreme Rules was generally good to great.

Shield vs Evolution was great.
Bryan vs Kane, Cesaro, IC and Diva's title matches were all good.

Personally I didn't really care for the Cena Bray match, the cage hurt it, it was slower than Mania and the ending was groan worthy shite.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Barry316 » 06 May 2014, 18:47

I was bored earlier and ended up reading this random story. I can't even remember half of them let alone them being alive or dead.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-wrestlers ... w-dead.php
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby Reegeee » 12 May 2014, 00:39

Didn't know test and doink were dead. Its amazing Jake the snake is still alive when you think about it.

Watching mankind vs rocky maivia from in your house: cold day in hell right now. The wwe network is ace.
Reegeee 75

Postby Reegeee » 20 Aug 2014, 00:43

I'd just like to know from some wwe people how raw went? I have the wwe network and watched the mental Brock lesner /cena match at summerslam. So what the f**k has happened to him then? He's f**king ruined after that isn't he? And he was like the main star? Maybe I just don't watch enough these days but that seemed daft to me. I understand loads of people hated him, but to just destroy one of the most successful wrestlers ever? What the f**k is that?!
Reegeee 75

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 20 Aug 2014, 00:47

I dont really watch WWE anymore but I tuned in to watch that fight because Brock Lesnar is BROCK LESNAR! Ive heard Cena is f**king off to film a movie (wants to be the Rock 2.0, but with half the charisma) hence the heavy defeat. Lesnar beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania so they are putting everything on him. I havent watched it but apparently Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose had a s**t hot match on Raw, seen people rave about it all day. Its almost enough to make me watch again....then I remember Raw is 3 hours of no CM Punk and lose interest immediately.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby Reegeee » 20 Aug 2014, 01:07

I just watch the ppvs as they are all included in the wwe network thing but just the match those 2 had at summerslam was ace. Ambrose is the closest thing they have had to a new Steve Austin in the little I've seen of him.

I never watch raw so I don't really know what's going on. Watching just the ppvs I thought that bray Wyatt guy was to be the new star but he seems to have been pushed to the side a bit.

I actually don't like Brock lesner and never have. For me he ruins it and just makes you think if it was real no one else would have a hope. Whenever I watch one of his matches I know if he wanted to he could actually kill the other guy so its hard to suspend disbelief.
Reegeee 75

Postby SteelStallion » 20 Aug 2014, 01:28

I had absolutely no idea Summerslam was on and have been under the impression WWE has been utter shite since I stopped watching post-WCW invasion. Only really watched on and off about three times thanks to certain comebacks being hinted at. Decided to catch a stream of it and it could have been worse. Spoilers for the rest of this comment.

My favourite wrestler Chris Jericho had a bit of an odd match versus the guy they're trying to build up as a great force but with the exception of his mic skills, entrance and weird crab thing he does alas Undertaker sit up, he's utterly useless as a wrestler. If it wasn't for the fans loving him for some reason, he'd be out on his arse. I expected better showmanship from Jericho but he was manhandled for the entire match that was over pretty quickly. There was no exciting finish to the match at all which was the reason I felt the way the streak ended was terrible. You can't throw mic talent into the ring and expect it to translate to a great match, no matter who the opponent is.

The diva's match starring the British Paige and the short AJ Lee could have been worse by diva match standards. They're not complete train wrecks in the ring and a bit messy with moves but overall it wasn't a terrible match. Paige certainly seemed quite rough which is better than the typical cartwheeling prissy nonsense you see from women matches.

There was another match for the women's championship which has been changed to Diva's... okay then?
Ended with one of those oh so shocking heel turns, yada yada. You know the score on those. Was more weird and shocking seeing the once large nosed and bulky Triple H who sported long Pot Noodle hair now running in as interference wearing a suit with a shaved head and being grounded for a good few minutes after a sliding kick from a small woman.

The Dean Ambrose Lumberjack match was by far the best match of the night. I'd never heard of the guy or his opponent and was expecting a dull match even when I was brought up to speed on who they were. Long story short, two former by the numbers stable members who were left behind in the talent ranks once Roman Reigns was pushed up. He didn't have a gripping look about him, his mic skills weren't particular original but wow, once he started the match, I was certainly paying attention. He just hit the ball out the park with it. None of this paying attention to the referee crap, just getting fists first in there not giving a s**t about the men around the ring there to pulverize the both of them should they leave the ring. Taking out half the lumberjacks and coming back with a springy counter from the ropes with a thundering clothesline that sent Seth Rollins into a 360 backspin. It even had the crowd roaring with how great it was. It's a shame the match ended with my first time seeing Kane in a long time. I heard Kane came back with his mask only to have it taken off again in a stupid semi-real storyline. I thought it can't be all that bad. I know they turned him into a bald laughing stock but brought back a bit of his seven foot tall evil big red machine character but I didn't expect them to put a f**king suit on him for crying out loud. Dean Ambrose though, very much a no bullshit Steve Austin type. His gimmick is great potential if handled correctly and would make a great wrestler for if the Hardcore Championship is ever brought back.

I tuned myself out of Randy Orton. Never liked him.

Then came Brock Lesnar vs John Cena. It was weird for me. A long time I've felt as though John Cena is a complete joke and glorified Ronald McDonald. I thought he'd have yet another Superman match but then I thought back to how he ended the Undertaker's streak and how much of a shame it would be for them to deflate the balloon of potential they've built from that. Lesnar hits an F5 within seconds of the match starting. Cena was destroyed. Obliterated. Pulverized. Decimated. It's what every anti-Cena wanted. With every little piece of Cena that Brock took, I was expecting a yawnful comeback from the silly rapping cereal super man. He tried a couple of times but good lord it did not work. Also worth noting was how they keep milking the streak ending. Brock decided to do an Undertaker sit up in response to one of Cena's comebacks just laughing it off. The match itself of course was nothing but childish punches and German Suplexes. I expect Cena Speaks fluent German after it was over. It was entirely one sided save for a few futile attempts to fight back. I think if it wasn't for the fact I was surprised at how easily Jericho had been taken out and news of Cena making a movie, I'd be more shocked at this outcome.
"Do people really buy tartan dildos?"
"That is my thermos."
SteelStallion 53

Postby the1paz » 20 Aug 2014, 13:06

WWE has a few diamonds in the rough.

Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro, Wyatt, Harper, Bryan among others.

It just depends on how much you enjoy the diamonds vs how much you can tolerate the rough.

@Reeg

I think they don't know what to do with Bray, he was pushed too hard, too soon. He already feuded with Bryan and Cena, there's nowhere else to go with him besides the title, and I don't think he's the type of guy that the title will do anything for. He's kind of an Undertaker type character for me, he has a mystique about him and should be used sparingly but right now he's overexposed, he gets a match and/or big promo every week and it's turning him into just another guy, rather than the special attraction he's shown he can be in the past. His feuds of late just make no sense and everything seems forced, feeding Y2J to him is another example of WWE trying to get him instant cred.

It's the same thing they did with Miz, Sheamus, Swagger and many others and some never bounce back, only Bryan has really managed it. This is why they need to be careful with Reigns, unfortunately WWE are stubborn. I can already see next years Rumble coming down to Reigns/Ambrose with the fans firmly behind Ambrose and half of em booing Reigns yet you already know who WWE will go with, they won't care about hurting Ambrose to further their golden boy, see Punk in 2011 and Bryan in RR last year.
the1paz 58

Postby StonecoldMC » 20 Aug 2014, 14:08

The only reason I tune into RAW just now is to see these two . . .

Heyman is on another level compared to everyone else!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

PreviousNext