Wrestlemania XXX - There's Gonna Be Spoilers - BEWARE

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Wrestlemania XXX - There's Gonna Be Spoilers - BEWARE

Postby StonecoldMC » 07 Apr 2014, 10:10

@Sam

Edited the title of your thread, mate.

Gonna be out the office most of the day on appointments and I cant read any of the posts with spoilers in them.

Would imagine most folk coming into the thread would have seen it before they enter anyway . . . . .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby SteelStallion » 07 Apr 2014, 12:50

"that match" was completely underwhelming which is what made the result so disappointing in my opinion. Overall a pretty damned disappointing show but it's hardly been gripping for years. Everything but "that" went boringly by the numbers if you ask me.
"Do people really buy tartan dildos?"
"That is my thermos."
SteelStallion 53

Postby TheLastDodo » 07 Apr 2014, 16:00

I got 6.5/8 of my predictions right :D.

Personally I think it was best Mania for last 3-4 years.

It actually felt like Mania this year, not just a regular PPV with a Taker match saving it all.

Taker's match was the worst match this year, not including Divas, but I expected as much since when it was first rumoured. Not even in same league as Punk's match with Taker, it was slow, boring, predictable and Taker looked like he was legit struggling while Brock looked like he was taking it easy.

The opening of Mania was amazing, I will not spoil but it was definitely a Mania moment.

HHH/Bryan was great, the Battle Royal was fun, the right guy won and he won in style, I loved Cena Bray, once again the right guy won and Bray looked like a star. Shield match was very rushed, probably due to opening going long but I'm glad as there's no way Outlaws could hang with Shield.

My theory on THAT match:

Taker has said he wanted to end the streak in the past but Vince turned him down repeatedly, my feeling is WWE pulled the trigger now with Brock because Taker quite simply is done (I think the match proves this.) I think ideally WWE would've wanted Bray or Reigns to end the streak but neither are "ready yet", whereas Brock has the credibility/legitimacy to beat Taker.

If Taker is done then that makes Brock the new guy to beat and sometime in the future, WWE will use the man who broke the streak to make Reigns or whoever into the next Cena level mega star.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby StonecoldMC » 07 Apr 2014, 16:32

Taker would have been the guy to decide who he lost the streak too and he wanted it to be Brock. He's just too old now, it was painful to watch last night/this morning. Heyman is going to be legendary over the coming months ahead. Genius!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby TheLastDodo » 07 Apr 2014, 16:53

I was legitimately shocked when Brock got the 3 count, at first I actually thought Taker kicked out on 3 and WWE were just doing a controversial false ending but I rewound straight away and couldn't believe it.

I don't have a problem with Brock taking it, like I said, Brock is younger, has years left in his body and he'll stick around and do what you want if you pay him enough so it makes sense to give it to him then you can have Reigns, Cesaro etc challenge Brock in future.

I wish we'd got to see Taker vs Cena before Taker had to call it a day, that was one of the very few legit dream matches that was still technically possible but by sounds of it, we won't and he's actually done this time.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby billysastard » 07 Apr 2014, 16:57

on the divas match pretty sure aj was the one doing the tapping by holding her opponents arm and tapping it, the ref couldnt see, but i'm pretty sure vicki will have something to say about it tonight

as for "that match" that pretty much confirms taker vs sting next wm, now the streak is broken they can have the match and let sting win and retire,btw did anyone catch that areshole shouting "you suck" and booing taker as he was getting to his feet?

billysastard 63

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby StonecoldMC » 07 Apr 2014, 17:00

Oh dont get me wrong, I never saw it coming either and I just sat there staring at the TV for ages just thinking eh, what, how when, huh.

Thats why it worked so well though, no one saw it coming - Cena/Sting would have been the obvious choice and what we were all expecting.

This is a new era with new faces and heels to get excited about. Its a changing of the guard and old guys had one hell of a run but its time to pass the torch on now.

Its actually got me pretty hyped about where they're going to go with everyone

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby SteelStallion » 07 Apr 2014, 17:01

I caught that guy, Billy. There was a moment when I was taking it serious, wondering if Taker was satisfied with that as a match and then that pillock ends up shouting that repeatedly and couldn't help but wonder if he agreed.
"That is my thermos."
SteelStallion 53

Postby TheLastDodo » 07 Apr 2014, 17:03

It was WWE's answer to the Red Wedding.

@billy

Yeah I LMAO'd at that guy :lol:.

Apparently Taker got a concussion + neck injury early, was taken to hospital right after, might explain why match sucked.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby StonecoldMC » 07 Apr 2014, 17:09

I dont think we need to use the spoiler tags, guys. Its right there in the thread title. If folk dont want to know the results they shouldnt be coming into the thread and it just makes it a nightmare for folk posting and trying to read it depending on what device your using.

Post away.

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby SteelStallion » 07 Apr 2014, 17:15

He did look fairly out of it from the midpoint of the match, either from exhaustion or something else. He looked winded after one particular move. Lesnar looked as though he could go for another hour, Taker like he couldn't go another five minutes. He's never quite looked up for it for a while now. I just wished they would have ended the streak in a way it deserved. I get that Lesnar's a powerhouse but it's hard to buy that he won it from that victory considering those past streak wins from the Undertake. Some are saying the apparent hospital thing came from an unreliable twitter account which was brand new.

That picture doing the rounds of a very shocked black man says it all :lol:
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/a ... heyman.jpg
"That is my thermos."
SteelStallion 53

Postby Barry316 » 07 Apr 2014, 17:17

Does Undertaker do anything throughout the year or do they just wheel him out for Wrestlemania?
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby StonecoldMC » 07 Apr 2014, 17:22

They wheel him out for Wrestlemania, mate.

Although it was noticeable that he did a lot less this year as far as promos and appearances than he has done over the last few years.

Age finally caught up with the Phenom.

The best thing to come out of his defeat is Heyman, he is gonna be hustling all over the place for the foreseeable and there aint a better heel in the WWE than Paul Heyman.

RAW tonight is gonna be glorious :D !

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Samildanach » 07 Apr 2014, 17:26

One of the guys who I hope gets a push in the new era is Titus O Neill. The likes of him, Cesaro and Reigns could be some great matches in the future if used properly.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby TheLastDodo » 07 Apr 2014, 17:56

I thought the match was a recipe for disaster ever since the rumours first started.

Taker in his battles against HHH looked as good as done, looking back at how slow paced those matches were with all the stalling and OTT selling then looking at H's match with Bryan at Mania, it's obvious HHH didn't need to wrestle at a slower pace vs Taker, Taker needed to wrestle at a slower pace and I guess HHH didn't wanna make Taker look bad. They hid it well last year with Punk doing most of the work.

Lesnar is just a beast, even ten years older and after having big injuries in UFC, he looks better than ever, he's a destroyer, he hits hard, he hits fast, Taker is old, worn down, injured more frequently, needing more and more shoulder and hip surgeries. There was no way the match was going to be great as Brock would have to take it easy on Taker, without DQ stipulations, which I found odd the match didn't have, it helped hide the OTT stalling and selling in the HHH/Taker matches.

Whatever, he's given 20 odd great years, it's a shame that the streak had to end like that and that Taker may retire after that but neither the match or the loss hurts his legacy one bit.
TheLastDodo 77

PreviousNext