Last thing you bought and rating

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Last thing you bought and rating

Postby FishyGinger » 15 Mar 2013, 14:04

yourmumwasfun wrote:Plus my legs are skinny and I look like I've been riding a horse my entire life.

The John Wayne effect?

Well I bought some satsumas the other day, to keep up my healthy orange complexion, only I've just found out the little buggers aren't satsumas at all. They're 'nadorcotts'. What the hell is a nadorcott? It looks like a satsuma to me.

Nadorcott

Satsuma

And for perspective, some clementines

Can anyone really tell the difference? What if some escaped to another box, wrongly labled? This could be as big as HorseCowGate (not the baby food), the Findus scandal of 2013.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby CrispyLog » 15 Mar 2013, 14:09

Think they are in season now, get them from Sainsbury's for £2 ?

I love clementines/satsumas but can't tell the difference at all. Probably just like similar apple breeds.

I bought large chips, mushy peas, jumbo sausage and gravy for tea lastnight. 10/10 as it tasted amazing and kept me drinking, although my p**s now smells of mushy peas.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby dwhlufc » 15 Mar 2013, 15:56

Matalans thick black socks - 5 pairs for £3

I asked the mrs to pick me up some thick socks as walking 15-20 miles a day in boots means I get through a lot of these in a year. Well she went to matalan and bought them instead of soccersports or Dorothy Perkins who both do the Gola thick socks, and guess what? They aren't very thick. I'll be lucky if these last me a month. They're comfy but with my work-boots I really don't see them lasting.

I'll give them 5/10 and if they last longer than a month I'll change that score! :P
dwhlufc 76

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 16:24

God of War Ascension, Alien bluray 4 quid from HMV, Pic & Mix from Wilko's

10/10
TheLastDodo 77

Postby dwhlufc » 15 Mar 2013, 17:02

TheLastDodo wrote:God of War Ascension, Alien bluray 4 quid from HMV, Pic & Mix from Wilko's

10/10

I hope you haven't got a charge on that overdraft! :wink:

Are you keeping GoW? Just wondered incase you fancied some co-op or multiplayer sessions. :D
dwhlufc 76

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 17:09

I'm going to start with multiplayer, if you want to co-op then I'll co-op, I'll be keeping this til at earliest Bioshock.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FishyGinger » 15 Mar 2013, 17:21

Let us know what the alien bluray is like. I thought with the film grain and what have you it wouldn't be any noticeably better than the dvd.

And yeah, did you manage to sort out the glasses voucher thing?
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Mar 2013, 17:57

Yes, a mild overreaction on my behalf :D.

I was going to use the voucher to get 25% off but after reading small print last night it said it couldn't be used in conjunction with another offer anyway, I was already getting my glasses/sunglasses on a BOGOF deal, if they weren't in the BOGOF deal the voucher would've only got me two quid more off than I got off yesterday anyway.

And I didn't go overdrawn either I was 30 odd quid off so *blows raspberry* at dave & rbt2.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 15 Mar 2013, 17:58

dwhlufc wrote:Matalans thick black socks - 5 pairs for £3

I asked the mrs to pick me up some thick socks as walking 15-20 miles a day in boots means I get through a lot of these in a year. Well she went to matalan and bought them instead of soccersports or Dorothy Perkins who both do the Gola thick socks, and guess what? They aren't very thick. I'll be lucky if these last me a month. They're comfy but with my work-boots I really don't see them lasting.

I'll give them 5/10 and if they last longer than a month I'll change that score! :P

PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby yourmumwasfun » 15 Mar 2013, 18:05

FishyGinger wrote:Let us know what the alien bluray is like. I thought with the film grain and what have you it wouldn't be any noticeably better than the dvd.

And yeah, did you manage to sort out the glasses voucher thing?

Anthology boxset is a way to go.
yourmumwasfun 49

Postby dwhlufc » 15 Mar 2013, 19:15

DAEDALUS79 wrote:
dwhlufc wrote:Matalans thick black socks - 5 pairs for £3

Me, a persons feet are the most used transport on the planet. You need to take care of them well! :D

I'm being dead serious by the way.
dwhlufc 76

Postby jim2wheels » 15 Mar 2013, 20:29

FishyGinger wrote:
yourmumwasfun wrote:Plus my legs are skinny and I look like I've been riding a horse my entire life.

The John Wayne effect?

Well I bought some satsumas the other day, to keep up my healthy orange complexion, only I've just found out the little buggers aren't satsumas at all. They're 'nadorcotts'. What the hell is a nadorcott? It looks like a satsuma to me.

Nadorcott

Satsuma

And for perspective, some clementines

Can anyone really tell the difference? What if some escaped to another box, wrongly labled? This could be as big as HorseCowGate (not the baby food), the Findus scandal of 2013.

Pretty sure Satsumas and Clementines are purely regional variations of the manderine. I suspect the ones you bought are the same.

I know, I know.
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby rbt2 » 15 Mar 2013, 20:32

You should never skimp on socks.
Or satsumas.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby neilpfox » 18 Mar 2013, 10:20

I hit a bargain on a litre of carte d'or double chocolate ice cream for £2. Snapped that up! 9/10
Then a few days later a saw a litre of Tesco's Cherry ice cream for only £1.09! So another solid 9/10
Pika's Back! W00T!
neilpfox 61

Wii Code: 3DS 2836-0155-3079
Steam: neilpfox
Battle.net: neilpfox@hotmail.com

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 18 Mar 2013, 23:50

I bought 8 pairs of socks today from TK MAXX, cost me about a tenner. Im not going to review them because I'm not Dave
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

PreviousNext